Another Bonding thread question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the tips about the bonding.

We have been researching too on whether we should get a bun fren (girl) for our Elf.

Elf does have Ocean and they do live side by side happily. Ocean torments Elf by trying to bite his nose or butt! When he naps and it is funny to watch!

But deep down, it is not the same, I guess with two bonded bunnies, which is beautiful to witness.

The bonding process seems a long daunting process for some and easier and shorter period of bonding for others.

I follow a lady on Instagram called - littleloppyroo and the lady has posted her bonding process and provides updates. The first boy Linus passed away and she got a new boy Timo bunny to bond with her girl bunny Roo.

I read somewhere that it also helps to put their dropping in each others litter so they get some smell of the other or their blankie - to swap it.

We have 3 late teens at home, and at moment it is challenging time to probably introduce another bunny into our family, as bonding needs total supervision from what I read and I m juggling dealing with the humans’ demands! So will need to wait patiently for the humans to move out! 😆😆😆 as need more space to have more bunnies roaming free in the house 🏡

But I would love to keep track of the bonding process etc as one day I will need to call on the tips myself.

I hope this helps and please post any updates on your bonding process. Best of luck.

Thank you for the tips about the bonding.

We have been researching too on whether we should get a bun fren (girl) for our Elf.

Elf does have Ocean and they do live side by side happily. Ocean torments Elf by trying to bite his nose or butt! When he naps and it is funny to watch!

But deep down, it is not the same, I guess with two bonded bunnies, which is beautiful to witness.

The bonding process seems a long daunting process for some and easier and shorter period of bonding for others.

I follow a lady on Instagram called - littleloppyroo and the lady has posted her bonding process and provides updates. The first boy Linus passed away and she got a new boy Timo bunny to bond with her girl bunny Roo.

I read somewhere that it also helps to put their dropping in each others litter so they get some smell of the other or their blankie - to swap it.

We have 3 late teens at home, and at moment it is challenging time to probably introduce another bunny into our family, as bonding needs total supervision from what I read and I m juggling dealing with the humans’ demands! So will need to wait patiently for the humans to move out! 😆😆😆 as need more space to have more bunnies roaming free in the house 🏡

But I would love to keep track of the bonding process etc as one day I will need to call on the tips myself.

I hope this helps and please post any updates on your bonding process. Best of luck.
Yes to the swapping droppings! What we did was set up two areas for each bunny to take turns living in. Without moving any of the items inside of each area, just swap the bunnies every day or multiple times a day. That way they share the litter box, food bowls, toys and everything with the other rabbits scent on it for the whole day. That way there is no territorial aggression when you’re ready to move them in together too!

Yes to the swapping droppings! What we did was set up two areas for each bunny to take turns living in. Without moving any of the items inside of each area, just swap the bunnies every day or multiple times a day. That way they share the litter box, food bowls, toys and everything with the other rabbits scent on it for the whole day. That way there is no territorial aggression when you’re ready to move them in together too!
Thanks 🙏

Latest posts

Back