Annie is changing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyRae

Reaction score
Her ears are getting darker, like she's startedgetting darker big spots. Her feet and tail are still white, but herears are changing over. How old are they before they start doing this?or is it normal?

I'm not sure. She's under a year I think, the size of a minilop

From what I've experienced with my own buns (whoare both under a year) there are some color/texture/appearance changesthey definitely go through as they get older. Maisie's eartips got darker, as her fur did in general. Flower was hardto tell with because she was so malnourished when we got her, weexpected fuller, whiter, healthier fur and such.

But, yeah, it's all a part of growing up. Like slowly unwrapping a present! :)

The only color change I saw with smelly is the classic hair going white like in humans (mostly around the face).

Hi there - Annie is the Himi in youravatar? She will change over the course of time -fromwhat I have read it's actually temperature dependant, notsure how accurate that is or if age comes into play as well.

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/articles/himalayan.htm
Fascinating
Fact
The colouring on the extremeties istemperature dependant. Baby Himalayan rabbits are all white, and onlydevelop pigment on their nose, tail, ears and feet when they leave thewarmth of the nest.

I noticed that my sable buck changed colour alot from 7 weeks old to now (almost 4 months old) and it's stillchanging but slower now. He started off being a dark blackish brown allover, then slowly his body got lighter and his nose ears tail and feetstayed dark. Now his body is quite light ash brown and he is getting adark mask shape over his face around his nose, mouth and eyes.

I think a lot of pointed colour rabbits change often during the year.My old seal pount Ben, his points would vary from grey to chocolateybrown depending on the time of year and how hot or cold it was. Hiswhite body would also darken in winter.

Latest posts

Back