Animal Communicators

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
I know there have been a couple threads about animal communicators here in the past, so I thought I'd post my experience.

I have always been sort of skeptical about this sort of thing. I mentioned in passing to someone in my rescue group that bonding Tobi and Ben would be extra-difficult, as Jason isn't really comfortable with handling the bunnies, and Tobi doesn't like me. She said I should get a reading done for both of them. (The bunnies, that is!) There is someone here locally that she has worked with in the past, so I emailed some photos and set up a time.

The communicator called me this evening, and spent some time with Ben, then Tobi. She told me some things I already knew, but hadn't told her. She gave me suggestions on interacting with each of them, based on the readings.

I'm quite happy! I am amazed at how much she could know, and how the bunnies acted differently towards me this evening.

I have to admit, i am a total sucker for all things para-normal.

I am sooo jealous you got to experience this..what did she know about them?

May I ask who you used?

I've been working with Arlene Thompson who is awesome...and yes - I've noticed a major change in Zeus....

I worked with Susie Stice. She's got a website, and I'll post it if anyone's interested.
She wanted me to ask specific questions of the bunnies, which I wasn't prepared for.

Starting with Ben, my question was, why is he so shy, and is he afraid, as he appears to be sometimes?

Susie was able to tell me that Ben had recently had a loss, and although he wasn't sad about it, he was wary of growing attached to someone or somebun else, so he was keeping to himself as protection, but isn't afraid. (Only after she said that, I explained that he'd been with a family for (maybe) 3 years, and that they'd gotten rid of him due to lack of time. He came to me a bit depressed, but has perked up.) She also said that he likes his "home" area, and feels comfortable there. (I didn't tell her how Ben doesn't come out much for run time, but will just stay in his pen even when the door is open.) She said he's very smart, and doesn't feel like his shyness as a bad thing. (He caught on to treat time faster than any of my other bunnies.) She said he liked Tobi, but wasn't interested in a relationship right now.
Susie suggested I try to spend more time lying on the floor with him, allowing him to approach me, instead of trying to pet or approach him. She said she asked him to open up a bit, and that he said he'd try. She also said I needed to be telling him that I love him, and that he's safe with me. (I already tell all the bunnies I love them every day before I leave the house. :blushan:)

For Tobi, I asked why she didn't like me.

Right off, she knew that Tobi is a little fireball. She knew immediately that Tobi loves Jason, and sees him as an equal to her, and that Tobi views me as competition. (Towards the end, I told her about how Tobi will thump if I hug Jason where Tobi can see.) Susie thought that Jason had been the one to pick Tobi up to bring her home, but when I said we'd gotten her together, she thought that Jason had spent much more time with Tobi than I had. (When we first got Tobi, I was working two jobs; after he got home from work, Jason would play computer games for hours....in the same room Tobi was staying in.) She said it might be more difficult to get through to Tobi, as Tobi is very happy having Jason as her bondmate, and thinks Ben doesn't like her. (On their bunny date, Tobi snapped at Ben when he declined to groom her.) She said Tobi thinks of herself as very beautiful and knowledgeable. I've always thought Tobi was full of herself!
She asked Tobi to try to accept me as the boss, and to give Ben a chance. She said Tobi pawed at her, but would give Ben a chance if he also put in some effort.
She suggested I never put Tobi in any position where she might feel like she's "won" Jason away from me. (So, not physically between us.)

This evening I went in to visit with Ben and Tobi after Nick and Amelia had their run time. I got into Ben's cage, and he sniffed and investigated me like he never had before. He even put his front paws on me, several times, which he's never done! He hopped around his pen a lot more than normal, too, jumping on his house and periscoping a lot. After awhile, he laid down, so I got out and left him alone.

After visiting with him, I went over to Tobi. I stuck my face up to her pen, and she licked my nose! She NEVER licks my nose, she only ever licks Jason!

Please post her site, Beth :)I'd like to read it!

If that little firecracker girl of yours and Ben managed to alter their behaviour that significantly, it's worth a shot for anyone. Marvelous!

Forgot to add.....
Susie told me that me spending more time with Ben might be a good facilitator to bonding him with Tobi. Since Tobi sees me as competition, she might be motivated to "steal" him away from me.

Tonight when I was visiting with Ben in his pen, Tobi was watching us the whole time. She usually hangs out behind her own house when I'm in with him. LOL!

SO cool!!!:coolness:

So, she can do a reading over the phone? I wonder if she will be able to tell me if Rythm is pregnant...?

I'm going to go ahead and list Arlene's site too...in case anyone is interested in her.

http://www.reiki4critters.com/

I thought I'd share a bit about my reading with Zeus...

First of all - I used her to work with Tiny and Puck and then decided to do Zeus later on. While I was waiting for her to work with Zeus...I told Zeus that she would be talking to him...

He got in trouble one morning and was caged and he started calling out to Arlene to talk to me. He was very distressed.

As it turns out - he told her some very accurate information that I don't remember if I've shared with anyone at all...but he had been in a home once from the shelter and then was returned to the shelter because he was "bad" and got into trouble (he peed near the other rabbits' cages whenever he had playtime). He described the room to her - and it matched what Wendy from Magic Happens had told me - to a "t". In addition - he showed her his first bondmate and that he has her on a pedastal and none of the other girls ever meet up to her - so he's always disappointed.

Some of the things that came out of it - were that he's always afraid of being returned to the shelter and doesn't feel like he has a "forever" home. (As I talked to her - it amazed me how much it can hurt rabbits to continually be rehomed and the fear it can leave them with...at least for him). She explained to him that some people just don't know how to love bunnies (he agreed) and told him that he was here forever.

We found out he's jealous of Art but he understands that Art & I are "bondmates" - so he is going to try to be happy with the bond and be part of it. He does like Art - and its getting easier for him because Art is petting him and he's getting time with me without Art around.

We learned he doesn't want any does - as he put it "Three is too many" - which is how many he had in the office and the garage. He's tired of being disappointed in does because they are not his first love.

She pointed out that his joints hurt a lot (and his hip) - which I'd suspected he might have arthritis or hurt himself - and that sometimes he's "hot" (usually meaning an infection).

I really really liked Arlene - and much of what she said made total sense when I looked at his behavior. She fell in love with Zeus and told him that he could contact her anytime (which he took to heart and contacted her one morning after he and I fought for 10 minutes the night before because I was trying to give him medicine - and he kept telling her "talk to mom...talk to mom...talk to mom..".

She is going to be working with him before his vet visit on the 26th - to prepare him for the trip there and the visit itself - partly because I'm asking them to do XRays and complete bloodwork to see what is happening.

The upshot of all this is - I have a bun that is totally a sweetheart with me now (unless I'm giving him oral medication). He doesn't "tolerate" me petting him - he BEGS me to pet him. He sleeps with me at night and nudges me around 2 am for pets.

He looks much happier and secure too - like he realizes he's found his "forever" home. He obviously trusts me more - and has become a lot more affectionate and accepting of Art.

Arlene has recommended some resources for me to look into doing this (with my own animals mainly) and I may become a student with her this fall (I am thinking about it - she rarely does that but we've really connected and I'm learning a lot from her already).

Part of the reason I'm considering it is so that I might be able to help forum members....

Anyway...that's my experience.

I'd love to experience something like this, because I just am way too much of a skeptic.. but I don't think I'd pay money for it. Definitely lots of questions (especially for Jasmine) I'd love to know, but to be honest, I just don't see how things like this could work. Very strange that (if possible) someone who has never met any of my rabbits could know what they were truly thinking and feeling.

I do enjoy hearing about the stories though.. but just something I would have to experience for myself, but I don't want to be scammed, so haven't looked into it. But keep sharing stories, they are definitely interesting to read!

*Spelling edit.. really need to stop using the quick reply.. the spell check is definitely my friend!

Spring - when I commented Arlene - I really was a skeptic and figured I'd prove her wrong. I figured she'd share general stuff with me.

She shared about the fact that Tiny had a yellow ball that he loved and he hated to share. I had forgotten about that as he only had it for the first few months and then it disappeared...here is a picture of him with it (it is green and yellow).

0d4d393b.jpg

f00989f5.jpg

9deeb57f.jpg

She said that he liked the pink thing on the bed...I remembered later I had a burgundy pillow he loved to snuggle on...not exactly burgundy...but not exactly pink...but he would snuggle on it and I would pet him.

What really amazed me was when she got to Puck....

She knew that Art used to pet him back and forth (instead of stroking him one way) and that Puck LIKED being petted that way because anything daddy did was ok with him.

She talked about one time he'd almost passed away - and shared details like the fact I held him in my lap on the floor till my legs fell asleep - then I wrapped him in blue fleecy blanket and gave him to Art - who held him for hours and said something like, "We understand if you have to leave...but we don't want you to..".

Amy (Undergunfire) knew both Tiny and Puck and I sent the IM to her and she was amazed and remembered things from it - like how weird it was the way Art petted Puck.

So yeah...I have to say - I do believe in it now - and I'm not one who usually goes for the paranormal.

I think what really got to me...is that she'd never read any of my stories, etc - and she told me that Tiny is a "liason" of sorts because he helps other bunnies cross over.

For those who've read my stories in Tiny's RB thread...you'll understand why I was so shocked. Then again - the stories often came to me in dreams....which I believe were from him.

It also helps that Tiny has come to others in dreams too - at least four or five people that I know now...

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Ooh that sounds neat to have done!
Makes me want to get an animal communicator for Magic.
Is it quite expensive?

Emily
I paid $30 for a 30 minute session...although with Zeus...it went longer (closer to 60 minutes). However - Arlene fell in love with him and really enjoyed it....

Arlene does it through phone, email, or IM. I prefer IM because it gave me time to think of new questions as we were talking...

In Zeus' case....the session was priceless. It is like living with a totally different bun..he's so much happier now and more sure of himself and his security here.

I love animal communication, I had a reading done on my cat Max and Clover my mini lop, they were extremely accurate with their readings.
I have quite a few books on the subject and want to do a course on the subject when I have the money. It's a wonderful thing and helps to bring people and their pets together, helps to reunite pets and their families and helps to give owners comfort when their pets pass on.

Another thing I forgot to mention, Susie told me that Ben is very serious and thoughtful. She told me this right away, and it was spot-on.
At no point during the reading did I tell her that Ben NEVER plays with his toys. I often get worried that he is bored, because he just sits or lies around. I've given him plenty of toys, but the only thing he ever does is put his grassy ball into his litterbox. I take it out and place it somewhere else in his pen, and it's back in the box by the next day. Other than that, he never plays.

(Nick is also a shy bunny, but he loves to run and play with his toys when he thinks no one is watching.)

The fact that Susie knew that about Ben right away convinced me. I wish I had asked her to tell him he is in his forever home now. Next time.

She also sensed that Tobi had not had any attachments prior to being with us. I told Susie that we had gotten Tobi after she'd been returned from being adopted out, but hadn't mentioned that she'd been bounced around before that, and had never been in one home longer than about a month.

TinysMom wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Ooh that sounds neat to have done!
Makes me want to get an animal communicator for Magic.
Is it quite expensive?

Emily
I paid $30 for a 30 minute session...although with Zeus...it went longer (closer to 60 minutes). However - Arlene fell in love with him and really enjoyed it....

Arlene does it through phone, email, or IM. I prefer IM because it gave me time to think of new questions as we were talking...

In Zeus' case....the session was priceless. It is like living with a totally different bun..he's so much happier now and more sure of himself and his security here.

Wow - he's so different that I woke up to him chewing on my hair this morning to update my haircut....

Now THAT takes courage!

i am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to do this sssssoooooo bad, but right now i cant justify the money, four kids, all these animals and two neuters coming up,lol. But i will one day i hope. THat is great that you two got such great readings. If i had the chance i would ask just two things, well i have a million questions really but two things i would want to find out or express to my buns, is that Charger stop c harging me that i will not hurt him, and Belle not to go hump crazy w hen i start to bond the two of them,lol.

I have thought about if i ever got the opportunity to speak with one what questions would i really want answered, and what behaviours i would want changed and it is hard to be able to get the questions i would want in only 1/2 lol

Thank you Beth and Peg for sharing your experiences. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I really need to try it.

Latest posts

Back