Angry bunny after interacting with bonding bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquareHouse

Reaction score
My bunny Cosmo I guess jumped over his pen in the other room because he was out and I hadn’t let him out for the day at this point. And when I opened the door he slipped through and out into the area where I was letting Stella my other bunny run. The two interacted for a moment and she tried to nip him but I caught him and brought him back. I think that interaction upset Stella because she started digging in her litter box and she doesn’t do that. And then she started digging the carpet. I’m worried that made her angry and I’m just hoping she doesn’t now have a negative experience with him. Do you all have any experience with something like that or know what I should do to try and help her calm down? They were staying in pens near each other but for play time they go out separately in different rooms at different times. Since Stella was unhappy I moved her into my room for the night but she was still mad this morning and digging the carpet. I’m worried and any advice would be great.

They didn't end up fighting, which is good. How old are your rabbits and is either rabbit fixed? Do you have plans to eventually bond them? Are their pens near enough to each other that they've actually seen each other, or was this the first time they've seen or come into contact with one another?

They didn't end up fighting, which is good. How old are your rabbits and is either rabbit fixed? Do you have plans to eventually bond them? Are their pens near enough to each other that they've actually seen each other, or was this the first time they've seen or come into contact with one another?
Stella is a female, seven and Cosmo, is a male, they think is about five. I’m in the process of bonding them but I’m taking it slow so they haven’t ever interacted with each other just being near each other for now. They’re both fixed. The pens are right next to each other. Not touching but close enough so they can be near. They’ve see the other all day and smelled each other through the enclosures.

It doesn't sound to me that she's necessarily upset. If she was, I would expect to see more aggressive type behavior, or fear/hiding type behavior. It sounds more to me like she just got a bit hyped up from actually coming into contact with him, or maybe even anxious to be able to interact with him. If she hasn't already calmed back down, I imagine she would soon, and that this shouldn't cause difficulties in your attempts at bonding them. I would still keep her in her pen next to each other, so she'll be able to see he's still in there.

It doesn't sound to me that she's necessarily upset. If she was, I would expect to see more aggressive type behavior, or fear/hiding type behavior. It sounds more to me like she just got a bit hyped up from actually coming into contact with him, or maybe even anxious to be able to interact with him. If she hasn't already calmed back down, I imagine she would soon, and that this shouldn't cause difficulties in your attempts at bonding them. I would still keep her in her pen next to each other, so she'll be able to see he's still in there.
Thank you. I can’t tell you how happy and thankful I am to have had you reply and assist me! I feel a lot better and I’ll move her back into the room with him.

Thanks again.😊

Latest posts

Back