Angora fur urine stains

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have three angoras males and I free rom them inside with their own room. How do I keep them from staining their fur with urine? They have litter boxes that I change every two days, but they seem happier peeing everywhere same with pooping. Hard to harvest their fur when half is just plan yucky

Having 3 males together is an unusual combination -- especially if 2 are still intact. I would immediately suspect that they are territory marking. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to stop as long as they are together. Intact males are also less likely to be consistent with potty habits.

If harvesting fur is your goal, then the only thing I can think would be to house them separately. If the peeing everywhere is indeed territory marking, then separating them would be the only solution I see.

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I have a garage I don’t use and can split them up that way. I’m still on the fence about getting them neutered as I do want to breed them. May be a solution for the future mahalo

Latest posts

Back