Angora Flemish mix batted hair ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat

Reaction score
I need advice please. I am trying to cut mats off . I can tell it is causing a pull on her skin. I have had her since is was a baby so knows me but still fights to get away. It’s scary trying to work with a bunny moving. Is there a medicine over the counter to relax her a little?? And year ago adopted rabbit and she was matted so bad took to vet to shaved$200.00 so trying myself before it gets to far. Thanks

I need advice please. I am trying to cut mats off . I can tell it is causing a pull on her skin. I have had her since is was a baby so knows me but still fights to get away. It’s scary trying to work with a bunny moving. Is there a medicine over the counter to relax her a little?? And year ago adopted rabbit and she was matted so bad took to vet to shaved$200.00 so trying myself before it gets to far. Thanks
Medicine definitely would make it so much easier. But then again, how safe would that be on poor rabbit to get him drugged every time you want to cut her fur?..
Now, i am a new bunny owner, i don't have much experience and knowledge of these things so you shouldn't take my advice without checking first 😁 but i read somewhere that a bit of chamomile makes rabbit calmer..dont know if it's true..
Another thing if you want a rabbit to be a bit calmer, cut her after she had a good exercise and is tired.

Recently i shaved my lionhead bunny (she looks horrible now). I was holding her on my lap and my boyfriend was shaving her. So it helps when there is 2 people.
Sometimes when i am cutting her fur on my own i do it all day. How long she can stay still i do a bit and then let her run around. After some time repeat again.
Now when i got her she had huge mats on he bum.. i cut them out little by little. When she floppes down to her side i would pet her to get her relaxed and then touch that area that need to be cut out to get her used to the sensation. Then cut little pieces, not all the way to the skin. I stop cutting when its getting too close to the skin and then just break the mat apart with my fingers. If she runs away i leave her be and try after few hours or the next day, depending on how she let me.
I hope it makes sense and hope ir helps🙂
And sorry for long reply 😁

Reactions: kat

Latest posts

Back