Angel is acting weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelnSnuffy

Reaction score
Hey guys, any input would be appreciated, here goes.

When I open her cage to feed her or talk to her, she runs to a corner. This alone bewilders me, she's never done this before. Even today she came up to hubby this morning to be fed, she won't come up to me:(.

She has a few times, tried to dig out her litter and move the pan, she has never done this since I've had her:shock:. She made a mess of her hay (which I put intubes for her, she won't eat it otherwise).

I noticed when feeding Snuff tonight (their cages are close, next to each other) that she was sticking her nose as far through as she could, Snuff's butt was sticking out his cage on her side, she was trying to nip his bum:shock:.

She has also dunked her front feet in her water bowl, which is up to neck level for her, she's never done that either:shock:.

It's been a number of months in her nic, could it have anything to do with her getting used to it? She lays out sometimes with her feetsies all the way out, she never did that before in her old cage, this tells me she feels safe in her new nic, why this attitude?

She's just been moody, and strange lately. I don't get it.

She's eating/pooping and everything normally though. Is she hitting menopause?:shock: Haha, just kidding:biggrin2:.

Any ideas? Will this pass?:?

Edit: She just has started shedding, I know the buns I've had act a little different when they are moulting, maybe that's just it?

I also just went to give them their greens, and she comes right out on me to investigate them, ok, "you wouldn't come near me 10 minutes ago girl", sheesh. She's happily munching them:). Strange girl.

I think this would be a great thread for the rest of the forum to see. *hint hint*

She could be feeling a little off because of the molt and the weather changes. Mine sometimes have a behavior change from molting but usually not too much. Have you checked her really closely all over? Including where her tumor was removed? Is she eating everything same as normal, or is she avoiding hay or hard veggies, or chewing oddly? I seem to remember hearing that rabbits in pain will sometimes dip their feet in their water bowls.

You are the one that knows her best, so if you feel that her behavior changes are from more than just her molt then take her in for a vet check. Just in case.

*hint hint* haha, true;) I just didn't think it was a big enough deal to put on the forum yet, we'll see if she returns to normal soon.

Thanks for the response, Angela. I have checked her over, the spot where the tumour was removed looks and feels nice and normal.

I am hoping it's just her shedding, she hasn't shed at all all summer:shock:.

I'll keep an eye on her, we're going out to the pen tonight, so that should be fun for her:D.

Edit: No, she isn't avoiding hay or hard veggies, but the only veggies she's had in the last week are romaine (kinda hard) and parsley (not hard at all).

She's good. Nothing abnormal that I can tell in anyway. She hasn't dunked her feet anymore. She pulled her box once. Acting normal, she's just silly I guess.

It's weird when Minirexes shed. You can see the little, fine hairs just barely sticking out from the coat. Best to rough the fur up and rub it (many times) all away:D.

Thanks for asking! Psst: I think it's a comforable thing for her, but, today when lying in her cage, she puts her front feet out in front of her. She never used to do that either. I just think overall, she is gaining more and more trust, each and every day. With three homes before me? Yeah.

Maybe she's like a reptile, expand their space and they grrrow, so she's spreading out:p.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
She has also dunked her front feet in her water bowl, which is up to neck level for her, she's never done that either:shock:.

Probably is the molt, it makes mine act all weird, but I'm always nervous with the feet-dunking thing because it's been a trouble indicator (or at least a sign of discomfort or stress or something) for me in the past.

I'd keep rubbing her down with wet hands to remove as muchhair as you can, that seems to make Pipp feel better, anyway.

:goodluck

Pipp wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:

Probably is the molt, it makes mine act all weird, but I'm always nervous with the feet-dunking thing because it's been a trouble indicator (or at least a sign of discomfort or stress or something) for me in the past.

I'd keep rubbing her down with wet hands to remove as muchhair as you can, that seems to make Pipp feel better, anyway.

:goodluck

Man, I'm glad I mentioned the feet dunking thing, Angela said the same thing and I'd never heard of that before, wow.

Thanks!!

Sas-even though this isn't a big deal? Think it'd be great on the public board? Since I've never heard of the feet dunking thing, way chances are, most members haven't either. I was actually just chalking that up to her strangeness;).

Okay, this was intentionally put behind closed doors. It was suggested to me to move it out, so all members could see it and give advice and learn from it as well. So, here it is. Regarding strange behavior from my now shedding mini rex:D.

Any chance she may have smelt something odd on you? (Vega/Winstons smells, other people, animals etc)

If she is only acting strange towards you, it seems to me that perhaps it's something like that?

NZminilops wrote:
Any chance she may have smelt something odd on you? (Vega/Winstons smells, othewr people, animals etc)

If she is only acting strange towards you, it seems to me that perhaps it's something like that?
Haley! Do you think that's it? I mean, if I go back a month, which is what I told Michelle was since she's been acting weird, this could be it. Plus, we have the whole house fan on now, which is bring air from downstairs, up.:shock: Their smell is probably still down there. There is a rug that they had accidents on, so that might be it.

I'm convinced a scent set her off. The moulting itself might have helped in making her more jumpy to it. But I really think it's a scent that got her all worked up. :)Wiggles used to do that when I worked at the pet shop. Lol.

Thanks Sophie:). The smell thing just never even crossed my mind:shock:. That could possibly be it. If/when I see her any thing else strange, I'll post in here. My hubby even said this morning that she was acting weird. She was grooming twisted all the way around getting her back by her tail, he'd never seen her get back that far. I have, just not very often. Since she is shedding now, she's even more maticulous about grooming;).

Latest posts

Back