Anderson Family Zoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Joshua found one that was able to use more specific locations. The tax is the main thing that makes cost of living higher there. Other than that the housing is obnoxiously expensive in both places, but about the same. Other costs are about the same. We will have to see what they say, but I think what I am asking is totally reasonable.

Today is a big day. I have the phone interview in an hour. I'm as prepared as I can be but very nervous. As an introvert (yes I know, I talk SO much, but I am) sometimes it is hard for me to think on my feet. For some reason it's even harder if I have to talk versus writing.

Then I am going to take Becky to a new vet to see if I can get some answers about her eyes dripping all the time. I feel horrible. Last night I found that the fur is coming off where it is always wet! Her teeth have been checked, her eyes flushed, blood work, 4 optical antibiotics, 1 oral antibiotic. So now I'm taking her for a second opinion. There has to be something I can do to help my baby feel better. :(

On a positive note, Yahni (co-worker) loves the fish tank and the guppies are doing well! I was down to a few guppies in the 10 gallon tank and decided it was getting to be too much work to keep up with both tanks. Yahni's son has brain damage from birth and it will help train his eyes to follow movement, so I feel good that it can really help someone.

Depending on how the vet goes, I hope to get more pictures taken tonight of the kids. Oh, almost forgot. I think I caught Houdini on the verge of being naughty this morning. When I came in to give them breakfast he was on top of their over turned apple box that they use for the main "home/bed". He just had that naughty look on his face. I don't know if it is because he was eating from the hay supply (I store the hay on the back side behind the fence), which case I really don't care. Or he was going to jump up on the desk, which I really don't care since it is against the wall. Either way, he thinks he is getting away with something that isn't bad either way. He so loves being naughty. :)

Well, I think the phone interview went well. At least as well as I do that kind of thing. I should know in the next two weeks if they are going to bring me in for an interview. Please pray that God makes it clear what the right decision should be. :pray:

I am very impressed with the new vet. She had read Becky's records that the other vet faxed over and knew the issue right away when she looked at Becky's face. It's a Pasturella infection and they had been using the wrong antibiotics. I also like the fact that she gave me benebac to use with the oral. We are going to do eye drops twice a day and the oral antibiotic once a day. If she is not improving in two weeks I should let her know. Recheck in a month and it should be significantly better. Apparently this is something she will probably never totally get rid of, but we can keep it under control. Thank goodness Indy hasn't shown any sign of having caught it. He may have a natural defence against it. It's about time the poor guy caught a break. I really hope this makes her feel better!
:sickbunny:

You will have to wait for more pictures, I want to let them rest. Indy went along for moral support. It was so sweet that as soon as they were back in the carrier together they started to lick eachother all over, like they were apart for ages. :kiss:

Now I am off to clean my office. Tomorrow Joshua is holding a chess tournament in our livingroom. The weird part is that after the tournament the kids get to visit all the pets. I guess that is part of the draw of why they like the home games. The weirdness that is competative childhood chess. :rollseyes : :bunnydance:

Will this day never end?!? I am having serious concentration issues. I so want to be at home. I know in my head that Becky will be fine, but she's my baby. I want to be home to check on her and make sure she is ok. At least the weekend is coming up so I can spend more time with her. I read one website that said 40% of bunnies with "snuffles" end up dead! I so hope that number includes people that over react and kill rather than treat. That is just such a high statistic! She has been dealing with this since I got her in December. I really hope this combination fixes the issue or at least gets it under contrl. I can't stand to see her uncomfortable. At least her eyes weren't as red already this morning, so that is a good sign.

I really think this new vet is more knowledgeable and has things under control better.

Don't freak out....

Peg, I think you are right, the new vet seems to be on the right track. Becky looks more comfortable and is washing her face less. Before we went out to run errands I checked in on my loppies. Indy was sitting in his thoughtful spot (litter box) just hanging out, Becky was in her bed (cage). I start giving him a bit of a nose rub and who should come charging out? She jumps into the litter box too and smushes him against the wall so I can give her a nose rub too! What was I THINKING giving him attention first!?! Silly jealous bunny.

I have been working on cleaning my office and started with my books because they were over flowing all over the place. First I gathered up all my books from around the house other than 2 that I am currently reading in the evenings. I have sections based on topic so it's easier to find things when I need them. I took everything off the shelves so I could properly dust and sorted them back into their topics or get rid of. I ended up with 1 box for the AAUW charity sale, 1 box each for friends at work (Jen, Rikki, Yahni, and Veronica) of topics that I know they are looking for, 4 books for Jenkin's Arboreedom (they only take very specific things), and a BIG box for the used book store. There's a little bit of everything, but the majority are gardning books. I had way too many and so I didn't end up really using what I had. I now have about half the number of books but they are the ones I really USE.
I still have some decluttering to finish and to dust/sweep. Then I will take pictures of the finished product. I'm too embaressed by how messy it was to put up before pictures. ;)

Well, I finished my office but didn't get pictures taken. I'm just so happy that the book case doesn't look so stuffed with books falling out all over. :)

Joshua also worked at cleaning out some books. He ended up donating 14 boxes! :biggrin2:

I'm sure I have posted here about every furry in my house gets a hug every day whether they like it or not. Apparently Andre feels this policy goes both ways. Joshua had his hands full with a stack of books when Andre cried to be picked up. Joshua didn't respond fast enough, so Andre just launched himself and stuck to Joshua's chest! All four feet had all claws out so he could hang on to dad. LOL poor Joshua now has tiny puncture marks from where the cat stuck. Perhaps next time he will heed Andre's call faster! :wink

We were chatting about buns over breakfast Sunday morning. We are talking about going to Lancaster to a pet store that is huge, it has everything, including a flemish giant "store bunny" (not for sale, she runs around and is the queen of the store). Joshua said he was excited to meet her and he likes the idea of having a BIG bunny that would have more of a puppy personality! :shock:Is it true? Could we really get a Flemy? He doesn't like the really really long ears of elops, but I love the stories I hear on the owner blogs. So, now I'm wondering how the personality is of the flemish/elop is, or should I stick to just flemish?

With a little work he will think it was all his idea in the first place! :big wink:

My poor baby Becky, she's really not feeling well and I think I made it worse. :tears2:

Last night her face was all crusty so I wanted to wash it off to make her feel better. Just a warm compress didn't work because it is so sticky. I put a towel on the side of the kitchen sink so I could use the spray hose like I did for Indy's butt bath (it had worked very well). I had the water a good temperature and on lightly. As soon as the water started she fliped out! She jumped into the sink and tried climbing up the refrigerator, thank goodness she couldn't go far! Unfortunately when I let go of the sprayer to catch her the water went back to the faucet, which she was standing under. So, her face ended up clean, but she ended up totally wet! I dried her off and tucked her into her bed. She stayed under her blankie for a good while resting, but hopped right out to eat dinner.

Now this morning her nose is running too. Did she catch a cold or more stressed made it worse, or is the medicine working and her sinuses are draining? :?

MiniLopHop wrote:
:shock:Is it true? Could we really get a Flemy? He doesn't like the really really long ears of elops, but I love the stories I hear on the owner blogs. So, now I'm wondering how the personality is of the flemish/elop is, or should I stick to just flemish?

With a little work he will think it was all his idea in the first place! :big wink:
I know I shared this with you privately but I'll share it here too...

I would have no hesitation to let a flemish run around the house free - they'd probably do the equiviliant of get a beer can and hop up on the couch and watch tv.

An e-lop however is gonna open the door, invite in the whole neighborhood (after taking the whole door apart) - empty the frig - take the frig apart to see how it works - put it back together wrong - and then give you a dirty look when you come home.

Don't believe me? Go back and read old parts of Bassetluv's blog.....I love the time when Yofi wound up pushing the cart through the house (he was trying to get to the fruit on top - but got his paws caught) - like a butler offering desserts at tea-time.​

Aww you poor girls. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. It's never fun when one of our babies is unwell. :(I would think maybe the stress made it runny but it should clear up. As long as you are sure that she didn't aspirate any water, she should be fine. Big hugs!

Ps: I agree with Peg. I have heard nothing but naughty tales about elops :p(Not that that is a bad thing necessarily lol)

Yes, while I do love the stories of what the e-lops get up to, since my thought is to let this one roam at will all the time, flemish would be a better choice. (man did I kill the punctuation in that crazy sentance! LOL) There's even a flemish at love-n-bunns rescue now, but I don't think we are quite ready. I have to get Becky healthy and our lives a little more stable before we get another bunn. It's just fun to ponder at the moment. :)

Becky is so forgiving. Last night she still cuddled with me in bed while I read. She would nose bonk my hand to make sure she got enough pets and gave me kisses :)

I know the bath went horribly, but I think she feels better with the crusties off her face. The skin looks much better, pale pink rather than red. I was able to just wipe her eyes and nose with a klenex and clen them up since the discharge was more runny rather than sticky now. That has to be a good thing, yes?

Joshua wants to do an over night for our anneversary. The problem is that Becky would get one dose of her meds late. I keep going back and forth if that would make a difference. We don't want to stress her by moving her to a sitter and we don't know anyone that could come in to medicate. I think we should just do two small day trips rather than spending the night away. We will see what happens.

Indy has finally figured out how to get into the cage. He seems to really like snuggling in the blankets and with the pillows (the whole thing is set up as a big bed). The problem is that he's scared to go down the ramp to get out even though it is only a 3 inch rise. This morning when I put down breakfast he paced back and forth at the door. I ended up picking him up and putting him back on the floor. He ran over to the water dish and chugged as fast as he could. I wonder how long he had been in there? Hopefully he will learn how to get himself out when he gets in since it's a one hop situation. I guess that is a big hop since he's just learning how and he has no depth perception with just one eye. I would hate to have to take the cage away because Becky loves lounging in there. We will see how it goes.

Indy is such a silly bunny. He tried to get me to feed hiim breakfast in bed. Nope, he has to come to the food dish like any civalized bunny. Becky ate part of his oats since he was slow on the hop. :p

Today is my 12th wedding anneversay. Joshua is working a tournament today, but it's for a good cause. The money goes to battered women, yes a chess tournament for charity. He didn't have any say in the date. We went to adventure aquarium on Friday and to the huge pet store in Lancaster yesterday. Joshua pet his first flemish giant and thought she was pretty cool. Queen Anne is not for sale, she's the pet store bunny and gets to run around the store some times. Only adults are allowed to pet her, which I think is good. Anyway, I will post pictures from the aquarium shortly.

Sea turtle
523.jpg

I'm petting a shark!
402.jpg

sawtooth shark
306.jpg

octopus
298.jpg

jellyfish
286.jpg

282.jpg

hippo
270.jpg

aquatic turtle
242.jpg

seahorse
199.jpg

shark
134.jpg

stingray
091.jpg

clownfish and anenomie
052.jpg

Joshua does eat vegetabbles!
084.jpg

Cool Pics! I love your Thomas Kinkade painting and of course I adore Victoria....may I steal her?

Just kidding..

Any word yet about the phone interview you did?

Peg, Thanks. My mom gave it to me for Christmas one year. I love his work and the ocean, so that is one of my favories. Our bedroom has an ocean sort of theme to it. I have a shadow box of sea shells I collected, pictures from Bermuda, and little ocean figurines. I find it so calming.

Nope, no knews. It's kind of funny that lately I have been seeing jellyfish everywhere. Not just at the aquarium, but on tv, they come up in the book I'm reading, etc. I think it's a sign that I should just go with the flow for a while. I'm not going to stress about it because I really didn't want to move to NJ. I was just feeling pressure that I had to secure SOMETHING. Which is not true. I'm fine where I am for now. I have to remember that God takes care of the lillies of the field and the sparrows in the air, he will take care of me too.

On brighter news, Joshua came home from the chess tournament with a huge surprise. He has been working with Dr. P (really long Indian name) for several years now at this charity tournament. Dr. P is a gastroenterologist surgen that is fairly high up at his hospital. Apparently he asked Joshua if he had ever thought about weight loss surgery (Joshua is now over 400 pounds). They got to talking and he may be willing to cover the extra costs of the procedure for both of us that the insurance doesn't cover! I have been praying for a way to have the procedure for a while now. God works in mysterious ways! Yes I know I will still need to watch what I eat and exercise. I'm much better at the eating part than the exercising, but I am determined to be healthy enough for this. I so want to be a normal size so I can do more things and travel. I promised myself if I ever got thin enough to reasonably do the flight and walking I would go to the gallapagos islands. I'm going to start to save my money :)

Oh, and as far as stealing Victoria goes, I don't think you would want to. I love her, but she is a brat. Tortitude to the max :)

She has come such a far way since we got her. I clipped her nails this morning because they were getting long. She flicked her tail and grumbled a bit, but she knew if she was good she would get a treat. The first time we clipped her nails both of us had to hold her down in a burrito and she screamed so much the neighbors looked in the window to see why we were torturing our cat. She was ferral the first three years of her life, but she likes being a house cat now. She sits in the window when it rains and I swear she's gloating that she's not out in it. I can pick her up and give her love, but she won't tollerate that from anyone else, even Joshua. What a princess :)

Latest posts

Back