Anderson Family Zoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you like some cheese with that whine - or would it throw off your food plan for today?

Seriously - I'm very very VERY proud of you for what you're doing. I know its hard...but you can do it.

And hugs to you from here in Texas...

Thank you Ali and Peg. Sometimes I just have to get it out.

LOL I would LOVE cheese with my whine, but unfortunately I can't have it. I do have some rice "cheese" on my sandwich for lunch. I will have to be content with that :)

I was able to take more meds and they have kicked in so I'm feeling much better, just achey rather than miserable now.

I'm getting so excited about all the possibilities of finding the perfect Flemish Giant for Joshua. Every time I show him a picture of a big bun he really gets into it rather than just humoring me with the little ones. He loves our kids now, but he's such a big guy that he feels a little strange with the little ones. He says he's afraid to break them because they are too small. I think the 4.5-5.5 pounds is just right. His face just lit up so much when he saw the Flemish at the pet store. I think he would have brought her home that day if she would have been for sale. Well, I'm sure God will send us the perfect new addition. :)

Speaking of additions, I just adore Indy more every day. The last couple days after breakfast he just turns into a puddle while I'm getting ready for work. It makes me so happy to see him all relaxed and content. This morning he puddled onto Becky. They were laying side by side and her head was under his chin. Double puddle of mini lops, nothing cuter! :) Unfortunately when I got my camera they moved :( One of these days I will get it.

Oh that is a cute mental picture! I will have to tell Joshua about that. :)

I had mentioned getting the FG and a netherland to bond together. Call them Tiny and Mighty, but the opposite of what you would think. Have one be black and the other white. I think it would make a very cute couple, but he says nope. He doesn't want a bun that small. He has a good point that it might trigger Victoria's hunting instinct at that size. Once in a while she will bop a bunny on the head with her paw (claws in) and we want to make sure the rabbit can hold it's own and not get hysterical. I certainly do not think she poses a risk because she is curious. I just don't want to have a rat-sized bun to get her to start thinking lunch.

We went to the Kutztown fair and I was seriously bummed. It took us 90 min to get there an just an hour to see everything. There were some cows, few pigs, goats, sheep. That's it for animals. NO rabbits, chickens, geese, or horses of any kind! What kind of fair is that? *sigh*

Perhaps we can get back home to go to the fair I grew up with. It's the largest junior fair in the country. There's barn after barn of animals. 4-H is a HUGE thing where I grew up and kids get off school if they have animals in the fair to take care of. All the kids get Monday off to go. I knew it wouldn't be as big, but come on.

Oh well. Tomorrow Joshua is going to DC to a chess book store with a couple other chess guys. I'm going to clean bunny pens and lots of litter boxes. At least I will get ready for the new week.

I am rather optimistic this morning. I put in a HUGE litterbox for Indy. It's bog enough that all four of my rabbits could stretch out in it at the same time. So far so good, the floor is dry. Andre even laid in the box this morning. I think he is going to be disappointed when Indy starts to go in the box hehehee. Oh well. The cat will get over it. :biggrin:

When I went up to feed Houdini and Cinderella they were out running around the room. I had forgotten to clip the locks on yesterday so ofcourse Houdini let himself out and Cindi followed. He so loves being naughty he binkied his way back in for breakfast. Cindi ran right behind him back into their space. :innocent

Yesterday I had been brushing Houdini when it started to thunderstorm. I was going to finish brushing, but Andre jumped up crying to be held. That freaked out Houdini who thought the cat was going to eat him. Houdini jumps and starts going to his room. I start to follow him to make sure he got back ok and didn't stop to chew on anything. Andre followed me still crying, which made Houdini think he was getting chased. Ah my little scardy bun. That's how I ended up just shutting the gate so I could pick Andre up so he would stop crying and freaking out the buns. At this point I was afraid Cindi was going to have a heart attack running back and forth because she picked up Houdini being afraid. I got the cat out of the room and everyone settled down. Luckily the storm didn't last too long. Andre is terrified of thunder and cries the whole time unless you hold him.

Sometimes I think my life should be a tv show, a comedy of errors :p

We just had an earthquake! :panic: Parts of the world have this happen frequently, but It's weird for PA. It wasn't dramatic, just strange.

Tonight Becky goes back to the vet for her check up. She's feeling much better, but her right eye is still runny. I hope we can get this cleared up because I would like to train her as a therapy rabbit. She so loves to visit people and check out new places that I think she will really enjoy it. :bunnynurse:

I had a meeting with the dietitian at the gym. She was very nice and I'm happy to report that my diet is good. She liked the program I picked and we talked about various choices. I think I am on the right track. :bunnysuit:

Last night I went to my normal arthritis water class because I was tired and cranky. After the warm water and gentle movement I decided I was up for the intermediate water aerobics class. It was intense for me, but I'm glad I went. It is a challenge to get in exercise, but I understand how important it is. I ended up gaining 2 pounds this past week even sticking to my diet and exercising. Frustrating, but that is life. I hope one day it will look like I exercise regularly. :muscleman:

Why do I keep seeing Flemish Giants everywhere now? I would love to get one for Joshua for his birthday, I'm just having a hard time finding the right one. Oh well, if it is meant to be it will be.:pray:

You have an adorable animal family! They sound like an amusing bunch personality-wise. I've never had a bunny escape artist... but I used to have a hamster that would pull itself up the bars of the cage, climb upside down on the top... and push the door open. He got out once when I was away (I was uninformed of this)... but apparently he survived in the house (we had 4 cats and two dogs at the time)... for over a week! And then one day my sister found him walking nonchalantly down the hallway.

Em- Thank you, they do keep me entertained.
Oh my, what a lucky hamster that the cats didn't find him first! I had heard of the small animals getting out so I have twist locks on the gerbil cage just in case. The cats love to lay on the top and the silly gerbils will touch noses with them! It's a good thing the gerbils only come out to play with the cats are locked out of the room.
Clover is way too cute! I'm glad you were able to save her and her siblings :)

Becky had a good appointment last night. The left duct is now open and looking good. The right side still needs a little more time. I'm going to continue the antibiotics another two weeks and see where we are. She's getting tired of the medicine, but I still get it down her. :imsick:

Indy is back to his peeing ways unfortunately. He totally soaked himself again, so he's getting a bath tonight. The vet confirmed that it is better to bathe him than let him stay soaked in urine. I think I'm going to get him a snuggy for when he's drying so we don't risk a chill. :pet:

I officially can not get a flemish giant in the near future. Our landlord added a "no more pets" clause to our lease. I'm grateful that he tolerates so many animals, but it is still annoying. :grumpy:

I'm tired and cranky today. I don't think I am getting enough rest. It seems like I run from one thing to another lately. It was 8 pm by the time I got home last night and 10 by the time I had meals packed for today and all the kids put to bed. There's no time to just read or surf the net or cuddle with Joshua. I keep having dreams that we are visiting my family in Ohio and he leaves me there! I call and call but he won't talk to me for months. It makes me sad all the next day. :cry2

Tonight I will be at the gym late then have to wash a bun. Hopefully I will see Joshua at some point before I pass out for the night. I don't know how people with kids manage life and still have a connection with their mates. :?

Why does my anorexic co-worker feel she has the right to belittle me for my food choices just because I'm fat? Not everyone can be a size 2! :banghead

This morning there were all kinds of cookies, brownies, zucchini bread, beagles, etc. out at work. I took one bite of zucchini bread and she tells me how much sugar is in it and how horrible I was for giving into temptation. It just irritates me to no end. It's none of her business! I was all proud of myself for not giving into temptation to scarf down all sorts of things. Now I feel like eating stuff just to spite her, but I won't because I would only be hurting myself. Gerrrrrrrrrrrr! :rant:

Sorry, it has been a rainy day and I'm hurting. It makes my temper short, particularly for stupidity. I can't wait until it is time to go home.

So Ali, any suggestions what to say to her? She's from NY and can be very vindictive so I find myself holding back. She has got to stop it.

Last night I stopped and got diapers and a little fuzzy outfit for Indy. He has to get a bath and I don't want him to get cold or mess himself again before he's dry. This will also let him in on the tv cuddle time. So far his snuggle time has been very limited because he tends to pee whenever he feels like it. My hope is that he will begin to associate us with comfort and stop peeing and laying in it to comfort himself. Now when I hold him, he just trembles. On the bright side, he's not boxing anymore so I think we are making progress.

Joshua just rolled his eyes and said I was turning the rabbit into our baby literally. Oh, yes I have tried a wash cloth and baby wipes, he's just too soiled. He's much better about the pooping, but he still pees on the floor. I think I'm going to have the vet check his bladder when she checks Becky's eyes. He saw the first vet and was given an all clear, but since they couldn't fix Becky I'm starting to wonder. It's sad because they came highly recommended here, on bunspace, and by the rescue. I'm starting to think that just because you deal with rabbits in volume doesn't mean you stay up to date with the latest improvements.

I would say "thank you but I already am working with a CERTIFIED dietitian/nutritonist" and walk away.

TinysMom wrote:
I would say "thank you but I already am working with a CERTIFIED dietitian/nutritonist" and walk away.

Peg, you are so good at calming heated situations. I could say that without making her mad but still not letting her walk all over me. Thanks, I will keep it in mind.

So this was the big hurricane weekend. Irene luckily fizzled a bit before hitting here. There's some flooding and trees down, but not nearly as bad as predicted.

Saturday was great and so productive! In the morning I went to the expo center. They had a reptile show and a cat show, a double header! It was cool looking at all the animals and I got a CD of frog songs. I saw some pretty snakes, and scarry venomous snakes, and turtles, and bearded dragons, and all sorts of fun things. Not sure if I would go to another one unless I was going to buy something though. They look a bit sad in the little dishes everyone had them in. The cat show was small, but fun. I had a couple good conversations. I found one Turkish Angora shower and we talked for a good long time. The cats got a new toy and I got a face finishing comb that I'm going to use on the rabbits. It started to rain right as I was coming out of the expo, but it didn't get bad until later Saturday night.

My office looks lovely and all the critters are clean. It must be that the exercise is working that I am stronger. Normally I wouldn't be able to walk around all morning and then get all of my office done in one day. I took some pictures.

Kate and Leo's house:
093.jpg

Kate laid an egg while they were having their bath time. I don't think it is viable because it got turned all around, but I'm keeping it a while to see. I was hoping for more eggs laid in the dirt, but nothing so far.

Houdini and Cindi seem to like their new green rug. Or perhaps it's just dinner :)

092.jpg

091-1.jpg

090.jpg

083-1.jpg

Birds are all clean too!
088.jpg

087.jpg

086.jpg

It's very hard to get a good picture of the birds, they like to fly away from the camera.

Becky is re-arranging her sheets:
004-2.jpg

Barnum having a bit of a snack:
002-2.jpg

Sunday was less productive, I ended up watching a lot of tv. I did have good bunny cuddle time and groomed Houdini. I love how the new comb works so much easier on his legs. He hates his legs getting brushed, but I just gave him an extra snack and he tollerated it.

Warning, these pictures of Indy afer his bath Friday night are way too cute. I am not responsible for any cuteness overload. ;)

a diaper to keep him clean
001-2.jpg

jammies to keep him warm
002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Ug, I can tell it is a bad fibro day because everything is out of order. Oh well, as long as I get the photos all put up so you can see the cuteness!

So Friday night I gave Indy his bath and got him all snuggled up. I took him and Becky upstaris and we watched tv for almost 3 hours before Becky started to get restless and I got sleepy. I had both buns sitting on my chest and a light blanket over us. It was just so sweet that they were happy all snuggled in. At one point I was rubbing behind their ears and BOTH toothpurred! I was so happy about them being happy I started to tear up. Joshua thought I was crazy because we were watching tanked, certainly nothing to cry about! LOL This was Indy's first toothpurr since we got him. It just makes me so very happy to know that he really is a happy bunny. He even gave me the first kiss! He was purring away and gave me a little lick on the arm. I totally melted. I guess I am forgiven for the bath. It must make him feel better to be clean though.

After about an hour of petting and snuggling Indy just melted into the crook of my arm. I still stroked both of them and he ended up falling asleep! His little eye just slowly closed and he was totally relaxed. At one point I almost paniked thinking he died, but his little side was slowly going up and down. I have never seen a rabbit so relaxed in my arms.

Today since I am home sick both of the lopies are in bed with me. I type a bit and then pet a bit. Indy gave me nose bonks for more attention! It's hard to put into words the joy I feel over Indy's progress. My little boy is finally starting to trust. He knows that I won't hurt him and that he's safe here.

Aww, I look over and he's laying snuggled next to my pillow starting to drift off to sleep. Just a sliver of eye open at the moment. SShhhh, the baby is sleeping ;)

Well, I thought I would finally try on Aunty Susan's outfits for the cats. The bunnies were much easier! Victoria handled it as a diva of course. Andre just wasn't having any of that no matter how many treats I gave him.

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back