And THIS is why you check on kits nightly...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryant

Reaction score
20140906_002735.jpg

Just found him on the wire by himself. Luck would have it, the first relatively chilly night of the year.

QUESTION: Which would be better? Holding him, rubbing him etc. Or just putting him babk in with his siblings?

By the way: he's definitely alive, he was breathing and lightly moving his limbs etc. He'll make it for sure, just want to made the best and safest choice.

I've never had baby bunnies before so I'm no expert but I'd say put him back with his siblings and he'll be warmed up in no time

How's he doing? This is exactly why I check on little ones before I go to bed. If he's barely moving it would've been best to bring him inside and warm him up in a warm towel. Once he's moving around you can put him with siblings.

That's exactly what i did. Found him at bed time... notice my very adult life pajama pants. Lol

I brought him in, and kept him wrapped in that rag for about half an hour. He started moving around a bit more and feeling a lot warmer to the touch. So i snuggled him up in the middle of his siblings. All of them are good this morning.

So glad that you found him in time and he's snuggled up back with his siblings now. :)

I recommend warming him up on a heating pad on the lowest setting, then putting it in the middle of the pile of warm snuggly siblings ^.^

Thanks for the suggestion! I read a bit about heating pads you warm them, the while idea seemed q little risky to me at the time though. Maybe When I'm a bit more adept and confident with my handling of kits. Lol

Be careful about using a heating pad. You can easily overheat newborns....I learned that the hard way![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I also learned that the hard way... rip Nutella <3

Not sure what my wife would think if i were too put on one of her bras...
:p

Latest posts

Back