An update on me and Emmet.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilpaws

Reaction score
Wow. It's been a while since I've last been here and even longer since I've posted. I figured it was about time for me to stop in and give an update on how Emmet and I are doing.

First off, Emmet is doing wonderfully. He is almost a year-and-a-half old now. And, all of the reasons I fell in love with him are the reasons I still adore my boy! He has been a pleasure to be owned by and I couldn't imagine life without him. As some of you may remember, I adopted him from a local humane society in January. He had been seized as part of a humane investigation and had just been placed for adoption when I met him. He was thin and had previous severe urine scald. But, I'm happy to report that he is in perfect health and condition now - his weight is within the normal range and his fur is plush. There is no indication, be it physically or emotionally, that his neglect has made a lasting impression on him. Thankfully, he is a gregarious bun with a huge personality and I am so grateful to have him in my life.

Unfortunately, these last few months have been difficult for me. I fell ill in February and wound up needing a surgery and extensive hospitalization. All in all, I was in the hospital for over 5 weeks (not all at once, however). During that time, the decision was made that I'd move back home with my mother and youngest brother. So, I now live at home with my family - including 2 dogs and a cat. My mother cared for Emmet while I was away and he has acclimated amazingly well. And, so have I. While the illness I have will be life-long, I am happy to report that I am doing much better. Sadly, I did have to leave my job as a vet assistant as a result of being ill and needing time to recover and recuperate, but I will soon begin looking for another position within the veterinary field. Things are going well, but it has been a difficult road. However, in time, everything will fall into place. I am very fortunate to have had family support as well as Emmet, the dogs, and the kitty. Everyone in my life, big and small, has helped make this trying time more bearable. And, now things are looking up and I am so very blessed!

I know I need to get my camera out to chronicle the goings-on of Mr. Emmet. Now that I am feeling better, I promise to make an effort to be more present and available here on RO. And, if nothing else, shower y'all with pictures of Emmet and his antics!

It's true that I've missed you all and I am happy to be back :bunnieskiss!

Welcome back to the forum. I'm so very glad to hear that Emmet has only improved from the day you adopted him, it sounds like he has a very loving, happy home :)

I am sorry to hear about your illness, but also glad that you're on the way to recovery and hopefully in future it will be easy to manage and you can continue on with your career in the veterinary field.

Sorry to hear that you've had a bit of a rough year. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better now, though, and hopefully you'll be able to manage it well in future. :) It's lovely to have a full support system of family and furry friends to help you out, too. I can't wait to see new pics of Emmet!

Latest posts

Back