An other awful cruelty case GRRRRRRRR

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of a case where, a few years ago, some teen boys broke into a cat rescue and tortured about 20-30 cats to death. I won't go into the details of the things they did to those cats, but they are burned into my brain.

I think the reason most people don't keep locks on their bunny cages is because that someone might steal thier pet just doesn't occur to them. I mean, when you think about something getting stolen, you think monetary gain, right? And that just isn't there with most pets. Unfortunalty, some people steal just to be stealing, or for sick reasons like with this rabbit.

I truly hope these people are caught, and punished to the full extent of the law. The boys that kiilled the cats were caught, and tried as adults. I know they did some jail time, at least. But that never really seems like enough, to me. :(

Haley wrote:
I think she meant it to mean "overall" how they treat their animals. Like, do we view this as acceptable or do we condemn it? We condemn it and want to punish those people for being so cruel.

The same can be said for the elderly and children. The morality of a nation can be judged by how, as a whole, we treat those who cannot care for themselves. :)

Oh I agree with the phrase overall, of course the majority in NIwill believe they should be punished, and that it is extremely cruel.

Seems like it was implied that my nation won't condemn this, there for my nation is immoral. I was very offended by this. :(

This reminds me of a case where, a few years ago, some teen boys broke into a cat rescue and tortured about 20-30 cats to death. I won't go into the details of the things they did to those cats, but they are burned into my brain.
Was that a case that happened a long time ago, somewhere on the east coast I think? I do recall seeing that on the news - if it's the same one - at the time, and I know exactly what you mean about it being burned into your brain. I've never been able to get that one out of my head, and even thinking about it now has brought back fresh tears...I can honestly say that was the most horrific cruelty case I'd ever heard about. If I recall correctly, there was one older cat in the building who'd been there for some time...all the staff loved him...and he was missing in the aftermath. But out of tragedy small miracles do happen, as he did finally show up at the end of the day - or the next day.

Unfortunately I've been witness to many cases of cruelty, mostly when I was growing up, and my rabbits weren't untouched. One of my bunnies - a beautiful little chocolate doe I'd had for less than two weeks - was taken from her cage by a teen who had been walking through the neighborhood. My dad's neighbor (the rabbits were all at my dad's house, housed in his backyard) saw the guy, and she saw what he did to my rabbit...as he was carrying her down the streetthe rabbit began to struggle, and as he squeezed her tighter, shebit him, and - I won't go into detail - he reacted by killing her on the spot. I also had a case of a young boy who broke into the yard one day (again, same neighbor spotted him as he was leaving the yard). This boy managed to loop some cord around one of my nursing doe's hind legs, then strung her up by her feet and left her hanging from the top of the cage. When I arrived there late in the afternoon I cut her down, fearing the worst, but (thankfully!) she suffered only minor rope cuts on her legs, circulation wasn't completely cut off, and the trauma didn't leave any lasting scars on either her or the babies.

I also had an incident once when I was walking into the yard and caught two young boys (around 10 and 8) redhanded. They'd bent back all of the wire on the cage doors - as the doors were locked - and they were scrambling to catch the rabbits inside. The rabbits, of course, were terrified...but not as much as the boys were when they realized they'd been caught. I took them into the house and began lecturing them, but they met my lecture with looks of 'so? I don't care'. So I tried another tactic...I asked them who their parents were, and when they wouldn't respond, I picked up the phone and told them I was calling the police. That did it...LOL...the younger boy's lower lip began to tremble, and he broke down. So after talking to them and explaining just how serious the matter was, and how they could have frightened some of the rabbits to death, I asked them why they were doing it. They told me they just wanted to 'see' the rabbits. So I took them both outside, took a couple of rabbits out, and let them hold them, showing them how, and showing them that rabbits - just like people - have feelings. Then I made them fix the cage doors that they'd twisted, and told them that any time they ever wanted to see the rabbits again, all they had to do was ask. My dad's house backed onto a schoolground, so my (then) husband and I decided to get permission to take some rabbits into the school for a show and tell, since so many of the children knew they were in my dad's backyard anyway. We showed them the bunnies and told them things such as how to feed a rabbit, how to pick one up, what not to do with a rabbit, and explaining how they frighten very easily. And while all of this didn't guarantee no more intrusions, I found the children were quite grateful for the experience.

It's just such a shame that some people get to a point in their lives where they wind up taking out frustrations, anger, and (very often) self-hatred on innocent creatures. If only love - for all living things - could be taught to everyone...

Michaela wrote:
Haley wrote:
I think she meant it to mean "overall" how they treat their animals. Like, do we view this as acceptable or do we condemn it? We condemn it and want to punish those people for being so cruel.

The same can be said for the elderly and children. The morality of a nation can be judged by how, as a whole, we treat those who cannot care for themselves. :)

Oh I agree with the phrase overall, of course the majority in NIwill believe they should be punished, and that it is extremely cruel.

Seems like it was implied that my nation won't condemn this, there for my nation is immoral. I was very offended by this. :(
Oh gosh i appologize that is not what i meant and i should have clarified it better, so sorry for that.

:tantrum:Some people make me ashamed to share the same species with them. Thank heaven for all those folks out there who are outraged by behavior like this, and who lovingly care for animals each day. Let's hope the jerks that did this get exactly what's coming to them.

I'm so sad. I just don't get some people. It makes me want to cry for the poor animals who were tortured, and for the people who loved those animals. :bigtears:

-TK

Bassetluv, I can't remember where it was, but it was several years ago. I think it must have been the same case, I can't imagine-or really don't want to- that there could be two the same. I remember seeing the news footage, and of course they didn't show what had happened, but they were interviewing a guy that worked there, and you could tell he was about to either cry or throw up, or mabye both. I remember my mom crying when we were watching it. I was fairly young at the time, it was the first time I had ever heard of anyone hurting/torturing an animal.

i believe humans who torture animals or kill other humans DESERVE TO DIE IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!!!!!!! if we start to do that, i guarantee you that we will see much less of all the cruety we see in this whole world!

Some people do it because they do not have the guts to face life! They hate their life andso they like to make other creatures miserable, just because they do not have the gut to face their problem! It is scientifically proven that 70% of of criminals charged for murder or rape have been abusive towards animals! But unfortunately this is not the most horrific case i have heard about! One of the most terrifying i can remember is about 2 rabbits that where found covered with plastic paint! One of them was found dead by a rabbit rescue, but fortunately the other one was alive abd recovered!

Zero_Resilience wrote:
well...at least rabbits are only like $10, so easily replaceable. Now the REAL crime is the owl that literally rips bunnies to shreads (sometimes while still screaming) on my patio. im so used to the screams now its not so bad. and my rabbit doesnt even look up anymore when shes sitting next to the window (about a yard or 2 from nature)

is that normal?

I really hope the mods step in and rebuke you for this ^

This makes me both angry and sad. Statistically, more than 70% of the time it's someone they know and has been in their yard. We have trouble with understanding how any person could harm any animal. They are sociopathic and it's usually a road to worse things.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm on it.

Thanks Patti. Just don't understand people sometimes. Why they have to come on here and post nonsense like that. Especially cruel nonsense.

K:)

Latest posts

Back