An allergy question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaGal

Reaction score
My stepdaughters mother just had one of them tested for allergies again...the last time was many years ago. The test came back positive on several things, each was given a number. The higher the number the worse the allergy to it. My husband is out of contact right now while working and I'm just curious how high the numbers go. A number of 12 isn't so bad if it goes to 50 but if it is a 12 out of say a possible 20 then that's not so good.

Anyone here have a clue? I tried to find the answer online but although I found more than enough info on the tests themselves no one covers this.

I thought someone here might know from their own experience or know from going through this with kids. I know Dr'.s won't answer my questions until I have been ok'd by my husband with the Dr.

I know usually the rast tests are 0-6 scale??? and some allergists use the 0-100 scale, so if its a 12, I would think it's on the 0-100 scale???

Thanks. We will find out for sure as soon as my husband can call the allergist. I just didn't feel like waiting until then. I find it funny that her mother has made the allergy to cats (12) out to be so bad if it goes to 100 but then I should have expected as much. My stepdaughters only nine so could only be expected to know so much herself.

A 12 can be high. I have gotten results like that myself and they were high results but I don't remember how it works. I know back in the day they measured the hive itself when doing a skin test... When I did my last test it was done with a bloodtest and it had numbers in that range I believe. It's worth getting more information but don't dismiss it without knowing the proper info.

Latest posts

Back