Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wince when I think about possibly moving with my crew (three rats, one bun, two tanks, plus Tyler's tank and cat)... We don't have active plans to move but who knows where he will get a job after college.
I can't imagine the stress of trying to think about how to move everyone! You're definitely going to need a big SUV or something!

I said in Marlin's Rainbow Bridge thread that a lot had happened/was going on, so I will update it here.

Ryan "broke up" with me, slept with someone else, I moved in with my parents....during the process (all of about 3 weeks) I had to rehome Marlin & Ruby - they went to live with my friends Nikki and Simon, who had lost their ferret due to old age and wanted to adopt bunnies. So, thankfully they were able to help me out & fell in love with Marlin and Ruby. Marlin passed away on July 6th, so a few days later Nikki decided she'd like to adopt Brody from me to try to bond with Ruby. So..Brody and Ruby now live with Nikki and Simon and they are going to give them both a wonderful regardless if they bond to each other or not.

The rats got rehomed to a lady who had female rats, so now my 4 neutered boys are in a home where they get to have some "girl friends"...they are doing well.

My friend, Alyssa, adopted Dexter (the mouse) from me and he's living a spoiled life with her & her boy friend, as well as Dexter's new brother & sister....Benny & Toki the Pit Bulls.

Quil, one of our kitties, is going to be rehomed because the end result of keeping him isn't possible right now.

The piggie went back to her owner, as I was just pet sitting/possibly fostering her anyway. I'm not sure if she decided to keep the pig or not, as I haven't talked to her.

Sammy (our little dog), Juju & Tibi (our kitties), and Molly & Morgan (bonded bunnies) are still with me.

While what happnened has happened and it can't be changed, Ryan and I are still in love (it takes a lot to kill love) and are dedicated to making our marriage work. He's got a lot to prove to me and we are going to have a long road of repairing all the hurt & trust issues...but we have been reading marriage/self-help books and will be seeking counceling. Regardless of what some thing (everyone has their own opinions)...I don't feel as though him "cheating" on me is a reason to get a divorce. I realize why an infidelity happened (thanks to the book I've been reading) and we are going to do whatever it takes to make sure such a thing never happens again. We lacked respect and communication in our marriage...something that causes a marriage to fail. While I am not saying an infidelity is a good thing...it sure was a "wake up call" for the both of us. He's said his words...poured it all out, but in the end it will obviously take a lot more for me to trust him, which is why we BOTH have a lot to work on.

Ryan's leaving tomorrow (Saturday) to drive out to Pennsylvania. He's going to get a job - has a good lead on a place (big corporation) that his friend works at (doing the same IT computer stuff he does now). After he gets a job then he will be getting us a place and I will be moving there in about 6 weeks. I'm staying at our house (owned by his mom) in the back studio apartment room until then. I won't have a car, so I'm walking/biking to work...thankfully it only takes me about 15/20 minutes to do that. I'm just thankful I have my bunnies & cats with me again...before Molly/Morgan were at my friend Sarah's house and the kitties were staying with Ryan.

When I go to move to PA, I will be flying out there a few days after the pets fly out. The 2 kitties and our dog have to fly in separate carriers, but the two buns can fly together.

Anyway...I wrote this in a rush. I'm not spending a lot of time on the computer anymore. I just thought I should come on here and update this.

I'm so sorry Amy for your loss of Marlin and also the events in your personal life. Marriage is alot of work, especially the first couple of years. My husband and I had a rough beginning especially the first 5 years, but we worked hard at it and we've been married for 12 years now.Communicationis very important in a relationship.Good luck to you and Ryan.

When flying out, I would suggest Continental airlines. They allow pets in the cabin, (though I b/l it's only1 per person)and the price would be less than a pet in the cargo.

undergunfire wrote:
While what happnened has happened and it can't be changed, Ryan and I are still in love (it takes a lot to kill love) and are dedicated to making our marriage work. He's got a lot to prove to me and we are going to have a long road of repairing all the hurt & trust issues...but we have been reading marriage/self-help books and will be seeking counceling. Regardless of what some thing (everyone has their own opinions)...I don't feel as though him "cheating" on me is a reason to get a divorce. I realize why an infidelity happened (thanks to the book I've been reading) and we are going to do whatever it takes to make sure such a thing never happens again. We lacked respect and communication in our marriage...something that causes a marriage to fail. While I am not saying an infidelity is a good thing...it sure was a "wake up call" for the both of us. He's said his words...poured it all out, but in the end it will obviously take a lot more for me to trust him, which is why we BOTH have a lot to work on.

Amy - I know of more than one couple where this has happened - and while it killed their trust for a long time - by getting help - they were able to get through it and continue on. The first couple that comes to mind (not us) - have been married almost 30 years now....and its been over 27 years since the infidelity.

If you're willing to forgive and BOTH willing to work on it (sounds like you are) - then this could wind up making your marriage stronger in the long run.

:hugsquish:

Amy, I'm so sorry all this is happening to you and very sorry for your loss of Marlin as well, I know he meant a lot to you. You are an inspiration though. Being fairly young and married myself, I often wonder myself if our marriage is strong enough even though nobody ever wants to think about it happening to them. The fact that you and Ryan are committing to working on the relationship is a testament to your strength and your faith in the relationship.

I wish you all the best of luck with all the upcoming changes in your life! :hug:

Thanks you guys :hug:.

Today is day 2 of being "alone"...Ryan made it all the way to Derby, Kansas (his grandma's house) last night. He stayed the day today and is leaving tomorrow morning at 4am for Nashville (has friend's he's staying the night/Tuesday with), then he will leave Wednesday morning from Nashville and arrive in Harrisburg later on that night.

Luckily my little brother (he's 17) just moved here from NY and I got to spend a few hours with him today. We went out for coffee and then hung out downtown on the courthouse square for a while...so that was nice spending time with him and getting out of the house.

These next few weeks are going to be so rough...might be less rough if I had a car that I could hop into, which would make things feel more "normal". But...I just have to walk to/from work...the only time I can get out of the house and go somewhere otherwise is if my friend Alyssa wants to hang out or if I hang out with my brother. So, I'm already feeling pretty lonely.

Its going to cost about $800 to fly the pets (2 bunnies, 2 cats, and my small dog) to PA. My ticket is about $150. I also need to get the 2 kitties and dog into the vet for a health exam/certificate before they can fly, so I'm hoping thats going to be less then $100. I posted in CL and Freecycle asking for 3 hard sided (plastic) cat carriers...hopefully I can get them for free or about $10 each - better then paying $20 each in the store.

I've got a ton of food stocked up here, along with TP & paper towels..so I'm hoping I really don't have to spend any money at all between now and the time that I leave. I'll have $650 saved up on Friday...so in 2 more weeks I'll have enough money to fly the pets and myself out (about $1100 total). Then the rest of my pay checks (about $250-$300 per week) will be able to be saved as a pad of money, which will be good because we will need to buy all new pet supplies/food when I get out there. Besides, Ryan will be working by the time I move out there, so we will be okay as far as money goes. I'm sure the next few months may be a bit rough money-wise because we need to buy all "new" furnature & kitchen stuff. My friend, Alyssa, is buying pretty much all of our furnature here and I'm cutting her an insane deal at $160 for all of it (the 2 year old dresser was that much alone)..so there is "extra" money in my pocket.

Now I am venting! Well, I'm just pretty excited for the move.....can't wait to be with Ryan again & start our new life.

I didn't mention that he proposed to me all over again with my "old" engagement ring before he left :). We are going to wait a while, then renew our vows when we are ready...new rings too.

This is one of the coolest threads ever! Iv been sitting here reading the whole thing.. I just love it! :biggrin:

I really think the new rings idea is cool....you sound like you're doing good with the planning, etc.

Thanks for thinking of me, guys!

Where to start? I don't have much time for a big update, so I'll just skim over it. I don't have internet at home, but I am getting it in 2 days so I will be able to update more often.

Hrm....

Ryan and I are going through with the divorce. I decided he wasn't worth my time after what he did (cheated on me)....so I have been living the single life. I have my own apartment (still in Prescott, AZ) and I love it. Its tough making ends meet, but so far I have been doing really well. I'm still grooming at the same place and I LOVE my job so much. Lets just say I am sooooo much happier without Ryan in my life. Not saying him cheating was the right thing....but I am now glad he did it because I get to live MY life and find myself. We were together since 16 years old (up until I was 21.5 years old), so now I get to really experience life.

Molly and Morgan (bunnies) are doing well and love being the only bunnies...they get to run through my whole apartment when I am home. Thankfully Molly has stopped pottying on carpet and doesn't chew/dig at it anymore....I think it was a territorial thing before. They don't even poop while running around the apartment! Having a bonded pair of bunnies is so great...they get to be super spoiled. Brody and Ruby are bonded and living with a friend's friend....she has had house bunnies before and now they are a spoiled pair of house buns, so I am thankful.

The kitties are doing well and like our little apartment, as dog my dog (Sammy). Sam gets to go to work with me everyday, so that is super nice.

Hrm, what else?

Uhhh...my best friend and I are thinking about moving to Austin, TX next October. Our friend, Finley, is moving there with Brian (this amazing guy I am seeing right now). Its all up in the air still, but we are all planning it out and trying to save money.

Well, how about some pictures?

The new (happier!) meeeee (and Samweenie) :biggrin:....

33618_437733806026_737101026_5820643_2313730_n.jpg

Best friend and myself...

68513_440285741026_737101026_5869324_429232_n.jpg

Brian and I....

66046_440325736026_737101026_5869701_2000233_n.jpg

Molly and Morgan (going to move them into a pen once I get one)....

60482_430663056026_737101026_5669271_6518410_n.jpg

Amy, I am very happy for you. It's so nice to see you happy. Sometimes the best choice to make is to move on. Wishing you all the best for your future endeavours! Looking forward to hearing more news about you and the pets once your internet is installed :)

Your life sure has had some major ups and downs.

I am glad to see that you are looking on the positive side of things. Having been cheated on (emotional affair that almost got physical), I know a little of how you would be feeling. For us we decided to keep trying and now due with our son in less than a month (eek), but it very nearly went the opposite way.

I admire that you've been able to pull yourself up and out of things and are still smiling!

Your buns are gorgeous too, and you are looking well.

Latest posts

Back