Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ariusshadow wrote:
This is the one I went to.

http://www.ratforum.com/

I popped in, just to look around, when I first got the girls. But I never posted. ._.; That place scares me now. :p
That forum is old and terrible...it used to be good years ago, but the mods ditched it and since then newbies have taken over. I haven't been on it in a few years, though...so it might have changed?

undergunfire wrote:
ariusshadow wrote:
This is the one I went to.

http://www.ratforum.com/

I popped in, just to look around, when I first got the girls. But I never posted. ._.; That place scares me now. :p
That forum is old and terrible...it used to be good years ago, but the mods ditched it and since then newbies have taken over. I haven't been on it in a few years, though...so it might have changed?
I don't know where else to look. Searching for rat forums seems to just bring that up. To be honest, I didn't find any others even with google. So I thought there just weren't any others. o.o

Grace....I'm checking out Wheekers and it seems like its not too active, but I am having fun reading a lot of the old threads.

--------------

So...I just got back from Petco and Petsmart where I was pricing out piggie food.

5lbs Zupreem timothy pellet: $13.50 after taxes at Petco.
5lbs Kaytee Timothy Complete: $12.50 after taxes at Petco.
5lbs Mazuri (alfalfa pellet): $11.50 after taxes at PetSmart.
5lbs Oxbow Cavy Cuisine (timothy pellet): $14.50 after taxes at PetSmart.
5lbs Kaytee Timothy Complete: $11.50 after taxes at PetSmart.
10lbs Kleenmama's timothy pellet (order online): about $20 or a few cents less...with shipping included!

Sooooo....the cheapest and healthiest option here is Kleenmama's. I didn't want to have to order pellets online, but I probably will do so now that I know its cheaper & better quality. This is only if I end up fostering the pig for a longer time, as there is no sence in switching the pellets if I only have her for a few weeks. For now, I purchased Nutriphase....which is healthier then the colorful crap its on now and will last me until I decide to order from Kleenmama's.

I don't think Dex would chew that thing...only pee on it :p. I bought him a few little tiny bird toys made from wood and he chews those. I got one from Petco on sale for like $2 and its "sea wood" (don't know what its called....chola or whatever?) and shells...he looooves it!

Yeah we do have a feed store and thanks for reminding me....I should see if they can order me in a bag since Mazuri is made by Purina and they do special orders :)!

Great....the room mate that rents the back room at our house is moving out (I already posted that) and now Ryan's mom is going to let Ryan's annoying idiot selfish brother move in back there. This means he will probably be using the kitchen to cook (he is messy and will not respect our space). I'm really upset because I don't want to live in a house where I have to worry about other people...especially his brother. There goes our business staying out business. I'm really pissed - I know this is going to be a huge issue and also I'm preparing for Ryan and I to argue a lot more now due to this.

Arggg....I'm in Kansas right now and its sooo boring. I've been awake since 7am Wednesday (yesterday) morning & worked all day that day, then came home to rush around and clean up the animals & pack my stuff....went to the air port and was on a plane/in the air port all night & day....its now 4pm and I'm estimating to be awake until around 8pm tonight since Ryan's grandma is cooking a dinner for the entire family. I just don't want to deal with this crap right now...I just want to go home and be with my pets.

:X:grumpy:cry2

Well...I feel much better now that I am kind of caught up on sleep and am leaving tomorrow morning to fly back home.

BUT....I think I will be taking a break from being online for a while - as in putting my lap top in the closet :shock:, I'll use my husband's desk top if I need to buy or look something up online. I'd like to spend more time with the pets and my husband, instead of being online and "wasting away" into everyone else's pets :).

JadeIcing wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
I'd like to spend more time with the pets and my husband, instead of being online and "wasting away" into everyone else's pets :).
That sounds like a good thing.
I think so too - I feel terrible spending time online reading stories & looking at pictures of everyone else's pets, when I have my own sitting at home that could be getting the attention. I've just been thinking about it a lot lately (and always have in the past but never did anything about it) and its just ridiculous :p.

I think it is a matter of balance. Most times I will have someone on my lap. Right now I have Ringo. Which I will be putting back to do a bonding session. I love that I can put the laptop on the floor and having bunnies hop over me.

Hehe! I don't have anyone who would like to sit on my lap while I am online. Well, the piggie might...LOL. I just need to get off the computer and actually pay more one-on-one attention to the pets. I mean, everyone gets run time....but I need to hang out with them while they get to be out playing (especially the rats & mouse right now)!

undergunfire wrote:
Well...I feel much better now that I am kind of caught up on sleep and am leaving tomorrow morning to fly back home.

BUT....I think I will be taking a break from being online for a while - as in putting my lap top in the closet :shock:, I'll use my husband's desk top if I need to buy or look something up online. I'd like to spend more time with the pets and my husband, instead of being online and "wasting away" into everyone else's pets :).

Sometimes I feel that way, but I realize I have a really relaxed life where I can be with the animals and causually check my computer/watch tv/ect.

Amy, how did you get your avatar thing? I want one :p

Erika made my avatar :)...I LOVE it and I'm glad she was able to make it!

-------

So, I am home now! I got all the bunny litter boxes cleaned and their areas vacuumed up, as well as the animal room. I also cleaned the piggie's cage! I got her a new larger litter box, too :).

Speaking of the piggie....my friend who watched my pets while we were in Kansas REALLY wants to have her, but I am personally very nervous about it. I mean, I know she loves all animals...but she has 2 large Pit Bulls who would eat her in 2 seconds if they got to her. She'd be able to get her a friend and I know she'd take care of them well, but I'm still just nervous. I guess I'm set back because when I got home today I noticed the piggie's cage was a bit dirty, like she hadn't spot cleaned it in 2 days....but I can't remember how much pigs potty, buuuut it was pretty poopy in there.

I suppose I am also just getting attached to the pig already...she's the most friendly pig I have ever met and loves to be held/cuddled/pet. She's currently sitting on my lap and has been licking my fingers :p. I know I should not be getting attached, as Ryan and I have decided we are making it our goal to move to PA in October 2011....we NEED to get out of Arizona and want to do it sooner or later, even if it means "risking it" by moving sooner. We think we can save $9k, then $2k in moving expenses...plus buy us a newer car by the end of this July. We will still have a couple k's in credit card debt, but we don't care at this point....AZ sucks and we want to leave.

So, that means (providing everyone is still alive) we will be moving 1 small dog, 3 kitties, and 5 bunnies across the country. Now, I know that my rats will not be alive by then, but I'm not sure about my mouse...he'd be around 1.5 years old then. If he is, then of course he'd still come with us...he won't take up too much room in his 10 gal., LOL! Soooo...if we don't get a 2nd dog (which I am trying soo hard not to now) and if I keep the piggie (and get her a friend) we'd be moving 1 small dog, 3 kitties, 5 bunnies, and 2 piggies (& the mouse if he's still kickin'). Luckily the pigs can be in a carrier together as well as Molly/Morgan in one carrier, Ruby/Marlin in another, then Brody alone. I think we can get the kitties in 1 very larger carrier together too.

We are definitely going to be looking into buying a wagon (like a Subaru), SUV (Trail Blazer size), or mini van (which I willl be picky about because thats not a car I really want at all). Ugh..but about the mini van, at least it will be large enough to comfortably transport us all and I won't have to keep it forever, LOL!! We are wanting to spend under $10k and get under 70k miles, so we will have some searching to do!

ETA: Anyone have name suggestions for the piggie? "Suzy" sucks and I am lost on names (as usual). I want a human name, too. I was thinking "Anna-Belle", but I'm not sure on that one as it seems really common.

Sounds like you've got some changes on the horizon... you will have quite a zoo to move with you! with or without an extra guinea pig or two. maybe if you can find her a good home then it's meant to be, but if you find it hard then you can keep her. is it also possible that you're feeling about the possible owner are coming up partly because you have grown attached and want to keep her? I don't know, just things to think about I guess.

Gosh I went and looked at the pics of the guinea pig again. You're absolutely right, she doesn't look like a Suzy! no names spring to mind for me, especially not human names. the main thing I came up with, because of the black and red was Jaffa. do you guys have Jaffa lollies... they are chocolate with a red crunchy coating and have an orange flavour. it might not be at all what you were looking for though. what's her personality like?

Latest posts

Back