Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcottonl02 wrote:
I have to say, Sheriff rolls of the tongue a little nicer than Damon, and I think I do prefer it, but Damon does seem to be growing on me a little.....:p

I just could never imagine naming a pet after something evil....lol

Lol not using Damon... We are working on names...

I had a bird that was.... Demon Monkey Bird....

JadeIcing wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
I have to say, Sheriff rolls of the tongue a little nicer than Damon, and I think I do prefer it, but Damon does seem to be growing on me a little.....:p

Hahaha lol! That's priceless.

JadeIcing wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

Why not keep it as Sheriff that is his name, It is like changing a 5 year olds name from Ann to Mary total confusion how can this help his aggression?

I think the idea was to give him a fresh start...although I really like the name Sheriff. He's not my bunny though, so it's not up to me. :)

paul2641 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

Why not keep it as Sheriff that is his name, It is like changing a 5 year olds name from Ann to Mary total confusion how can this help his aggression?

I have to say, I've always been with Paul in regard to this. But I don't think the convo about names will really get anywhere, with so many differing opinions on what's 'best' for Sheriff/Damon/Bunny

paul2641 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

I have a discussion thread about this soon for the monthly topic. I have very different views on this...;)

To be honest, there is no 'right' opinion here.

But it ultimately doesn't matter whether we all 'argue' or come up with the 'perfect' name, because the new owner will have the power to just change it anyway, to whatever they want... lol

They've got the power, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo:dancingorig:

Sorry if I sound a bit snotty, but this is just getting ridiculous....

His name is NOT Sheriff anymore and it is NOT Damon - he is currently nameless, but that doesn't mean he's not respected. I'd really appreciate it if everyone would stop being so touchy about the name subject here....all of my fosters come in with brand new names for their brand new lives and that is just the way it is in this house.

jcottonl02 wrote:
To be honest, there is no 'right' opinion here.

But it ultimately doesn't matter whether we all 'argue' or come up with the 'perfect' name, because the new owner will have the power to just change it anyway, to whatever they want... lol

They've got the power, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo:dancingorig:
LOL! :yeahthat:

Thanks Jen, and thanks to Amy for grace under pressure. ;)

sas :)

I would like to remind all posters. Amy has asked the name thing to be dropped. It her blog. The bunny in question is in safe hands. Anything else referring to this needs to be taking to PM. I really think for the time being the whole thing should be dropped its all getting out of hand.

I will be talking to the other mod about further action if it comes up again.

Kat

:yeahthat:

And our special emoticon for the occasion...

11513.gif

sas :shhhh:

Thank you, Kat :D!

-----------------------

Now, onto a more productive note......

Ryan and I went to the Home Depot last night and got a sheet of really thin plywood for the base of Molly's cage. Ry came home and got the stick on tiles laid down and I went in and set her cage all up :). Molls was getting really irritated with me and started nipping while I was taking down/putting up her cage (really only needed to ad another panel long)...but I think she was just excited to get her new cage!

It's 4 panels long, which makes a HUGE difference for her. As I said before, her cage was 3 panels long because it was supposed to be temporary while bonding but thats not working so now she's in a 4 long until I can get her bonded to somebun.

(hay bin hadn't been filled yet)

4511163566_be206855c7.jpg

4510525615_f59eb69d1f.jpg

4511167934_1feb88bc6a.jpg

And here are some toys I picked up a GoodWill for $2.50 total. The foster bun gets the big stuffed cow thing and a majority of the toys, since I don't want to rotate my bunnies' toys with his because of the exchange of smells. See, I just rotate toys between my rabbits so that they still get new toys every 2 weeks, but yet I don't have to buy toys all of the time....I buy new ones every month, just to throw a few more into the mix and get rid of ones that they don't show interest in anymore....I save those toys for the Humane Society bunnies ;). Oh, and .50 cent baby blankets are AWESOME for turning into cage pads, just sew a layer of batting in between and some fleece on the back side...woo cheap (but nice) cage pads!

4510521307_377cb7c8d2.jpg

I did to go by goodwill out here for more toys. I have been getting all the twins stuff and will be but boy thats good for cheap toys.

Going next month for toys for them.

Kat

I don't think I've had a bunny yet who's favorite toy wasn't a cardboard box. :laughsmiley:

They love the covered, protected bit when they're inside. I throw in a small phonebook or fleece for some nesting or fluffing. They busily 'redecorate' when they're outside and then jump on top to play 'watch bunny'. A whole day of entertainment and it doesn't cost a thing, bless 'em.

Their next favorite 'toy' is a tree branch jammed or fixed in a corner somewhere.

I have yet to have one rabbit actually play with a plastic or wood toy beyond one or two throws to get it out of the way.

I've always wondered about that. :ponder:

Pipp will lie next to a stuffie, though. I figure she's just trying to make me jealous. ;)

Nice cow!

sas :bunnydance:

I agree...cardboard boxes and anything else that is able to be destroyed and make a huge mess are the biggest hit :laughsmiley:.

I really need to go with my parents to Sam's Club or Costco next time they go so I can snag a box....they have "Bunny Love" carrot boxes that, funny enough, are perfectly shaped with a door cut out on the front and have enough space for the buns to go inside them. A free box beats paying $6+shipping for the ones they sell on the bunny toy sites.

World Market also has those long grassmat table runners that the buns love. Last time I was there (a few weeks ago) they said they were discontinuing them. I've been meaning to go up there to see if they are on super clearence and snag a ton before they are gone forever. Now I'm nervous and might have to go hop into the shower & get ready so I can head out there, LOL.

Marlin doesn't play with toys at all, not even anything cardboard....but I do still like to rotate toys for him so that he sees something new in his cage.

Zeus' current favorite toy is a an old spiral bound notebook he found (pulled out of a bookcase?). Fortunately - there's not much written in it - at least on the pages I can see.

He'll grab a piece of the paper and pull it till it comes off and then shred it. Then he'll grab part of the rest of that sheet...and shred.

He's probably 20-30 pages into the notebook by now...and having a blast.

I think this fall I'll need to buy him a bunch of notebooks at .10 each at the "get ready for school" sale.

HAHAHA! I can very clearly in my head see the images of Zues sitting on your bedroom floor tearing apart that notebook. I can also see the mess he is making :biggrin2:.

Well, the foster is feeling much better and it is amazing how much calmer he acts already since the neuter on Friday!

I have left him in his cage until just a bit ago and he is hopping around the living room right now and he's been resting on the couch a ton. Him and Sammy are sooooo bonded - Sam dominance humped him for a few seconds before I yelled at him to knock it off and both bun and Sam have been grooming each other, LOL! Sam is also following him around the house because the bun pops out these amazing treats that Sammy just gobbles right now :p.

4513253300_c05540a717.jpg

Note the wet spot above his eye where Sammy was "grooming" him.....
4512612599_54370424c4.jpg

4513257806_e0416814a0.jpg

"PWEEEEAAAAZEEEEE MAAAA, CAN'T WE KEEP HIM?!?!?!"
4513259950_da33a624c0.jpg

4513264284_8e807f716e.jpg

4512604065_b237c99176.jpg

4513249330_9793733988.jpg

4513251432_6bf42fc6c9.jpg

4512619371_cdd7ff7b28.jpg

I just had to pull out the squirt bottle because he has decided to chew off some "leather" on my fake leather couch. Apparently korean hot sauce dabbed on pleather tastes good to bunnies :rollseyes.

Latest posts

Back