Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
[align=center]I'm Amy & I'm 21 years old! I have a husband named Ryan (who is 20 years old) and we currently have 13 pets in our house. We live in Prescott, Arizona. I'm originally from Upstate NY and my husband is originally from Michigan.

4328864606_20eda12bee.jpg

My husband and I currently work at a souvenir company - he does IT work and I am a finishing team leader (get products ready to ship out). I'm going to school soon to learn how to groom cats and dogs. I'll first be learning on the local rescued dogs and cats that are waiting for homes at the humane society and rescue groups. I'm really excited to start my new path in life! One day I hope to own my own mobile salon.

---------------------------------------------

Let's start off introducing you to the doggie of the house! Sammy is a 2 year old neutered Doxie/Min Pin mix. We adopted from a local rescue group after having been given up by his first owner, adopted out, then returned 2 weeks later due to shedding *rolls eyes*. Sammy is our little baby and is certainly the boss of the house.
3411330485_34c64cf6d6.jpg

* We have 4 kitties that live here - all are inside kitties, boys, and rescued/adopted *

Juju is our first kitty - he's a big talker and a cuddle bug. Juju is mostly called "Toodles", which was a nickname, but now its his main name LOL. Toots (nickname again!) is 3 years old. His favorite thing is kisses from his mama on those cute lips of his.
3871787583_019a2ddeae.jpg

Tibi is our almost 2 year old fat bully cat - hes lazy, eats too much because he steals the others food, randomly beats up whoever walks by him....including me (if there is food in my hand). He's got the oddest personality and HATES to be picked up & kissed...he will push his body away from you and give you the death stare while hes in your arms, LOL. Although Tibs is a bully, he's also a sweetie pie. He likes to cuddle on his own time and is a real purr monster.
3871809493_61d43e626d.jpg

Quil is the baby of the family at 5 months old. He's not just the baby because of age, but hes also the baby because, well...he acts like a baby! Quil loves to cuddle & groom me and cries when hes hungry. If you have food...then you better watch your plate because Quil steals food! Quilly is my special boy because he was sent to me to "fill the hole in my heart" (long story).
4275120140_d4b59091c8.jpg

Marvin is our foster kitty, who is really my mother-in-law's cat. My MIL moved to Wisconsin for 3 years (possibly more) and could only bring 1 of her cats - we agreed to foster Marvin for her. When we took on Marvin he was already (and still is) 3 years old & wasn't neutered and had no shots...he was also an outside kitty!! Marvin has been vetted & neutered and now lives his life as an inside only lap cat kind of kitty - I think he likes it, but sometimes I bet he wishes he could go back outside. Marvin is a sweet cat, but sometimes has his "wild instincts". He is great with the bunnies, but will sometimes chase them around the room. I can't say now whether or not Marvin will be staying with us or going back to my MIL when she moves back to Arizona, LOL!
4262494349_e61acb1f08.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]

* Onto the RAT PACK! Unfortunately we have lost ratties due to illness and old age over the past 2 years. I won't share about them now, but I am sure I will post about them in the blog about the ones I have loved and lost *
The boys that I have now are all brothers - they are neutered and are 14 months old.

Tucker is my little lovie. He's squishy, curly, and just plain cute. Tucks has a great personality and is so full of life. Treats are his thing and he loves looking extra cute with puppy dog eyes while he eats them, hehe!
4295710648_6036a98a74.jpg

Jack is my cuddly bad-boy rattie. He's super happy when he escapes out of the cage when I am feeding/cleaning...but when I catch him to put him back in, he just wants to love on you! Jackie-boy loves to "popcorn" around the cage and get everyone all riled up.
4294938122_7c563855c5.jpg

Jasper and Harper are going to be introduced together. WHY? Uhm...because, sadly, I can't tell them apart. No matter how hard I try, I just can't decide who is who! I used to be able to...Jasper used to nip you when he was younger...but now they both have the same personality, LOL. The boys are just like their Daddy was...shy & sweet. They love to snuggle together and destroy their comfy hammocks together, hehe.
4294199857_52f8e62376.jpg

4294940934_78fd528222.jpg

My rattie boys live in a Critter Nation 162 (double CN), but they only inhabit the top level because the entire cage is just too much space (it can fit up to 12 ratties!).
4295725570_1e34939142.jpg

Finally....THE BUNNIES!!!!
* All of my bunnies live in their own bedroom. Morgan and Brody each live in their own Super Pet Gaint cage, until I can build them custom cages made from wood (to look like furniture).
Molly-Sophia lives in a 2x3 panel cube cage, until I can *hopefully* bond her and Morgan (who free ranges) - then both of them can run free in the bunny room! *

Marlin is my *almost* 3 year old neutered Lionhead!
He was adopted from a 4H breeder 2 hours from me when he was 6 weeks old. Marlin used to be "mommy's little baby", but then over time he got that wild & crazy grumpy Lionhead attitude, LOL. Marlin's favorite thing is his bunny stuffed animal that my husband had as a little kid.

4213379047_151723103a.jpg

Brody is my 2.5 year old Holland Lop. He was brought home from the county fair after my husband wanted his own bunny. Bad idea!! Brody was supposed to be his responsibility, but he quickly became mine, LOL. Brody and I didn't get along during the first year of his life (guess I held a grudge!), but now I love my Brodoh Bunnins' and can't imagine life without him. He's a treat hog and expects me to give him a kissy on his lips everytime I open up his cage door.

4012810589_340314cddc.jpg

Morgan is *almost* 4 years old mixed breed bunny. I adopted him from Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue in California when he was 6 months old. Morgan was my first bunny that I had full responsibility of (other bunnies were a "kids pet"). He is my free ranging bunny - he just escaped from his cage one day and demanded to not be put back in, LOL! Morgan is my heart bunny...I even have a portrait of him incorporated in my chest peice tattoo!
4270753888_4bb5578055.jpg

Miss Molly-Sophia is my newest bunny - she is 9 months old. I had been wanting a female bunny to bond Morgan to for a long while and my husband finally said I could get one! I found Molly on Craigslist because her high school owner realized she shouldn't have gotten a bunny over summer vacation because she didn't have time for her now that she was in school. Lucky me and luck Molly that she got a good forever home! Molly is such a sweet girl and adores being pet. She's hard headed, though, and I think it will take a little while and some hard work to get her and Morgan bonded!

4328504235_022bcf32b4.jpg

:wave:

[/align]

Amy i somehow didnt realize you had all those cats, i mean i knew cause i have read it but to actually see them i was like "when the heck did she get all them" lol

love the picture of Marlin, he looks pissed,lol

I love the start of your blog :)

Your Critter Nation is awesome. They have lots to do :pinkbouce:

All your bunnies are adorable :biggrin2:and like Fran said, I didn't know you had that many cats. LOl. They are so cute!

I can't believe I have this many cats either, Fran...LOL!!! We live in a smaller 2 bedroom house, so it does get a bit busy with 4 cats running around. I'm hoping that once we buy a house in a few years, we will have a den area with huge windows looking out into a nice yard...then I will line up the cat trees and they can all have that space to "escape" too. I'm dreaming....but, eh....it would be nice and something I will think about when we go to buy :biggrin2:. Ryan really wants to have a house where we can have a door or a window that opens up into a covered outside play yard for the kitties, since they are inside only. Our local cat rescue has one and its awesome!

I'm sitting here right now with Quil snuggled up in my arms on his back like a baby. He's so precious :inlove:.

ETA: Crappy Macbook webcam picture, but here is is....

4329503480_06c97fe3f7.jpg

Glad to see you blogging again - I was laughing out loud when I saw Marlin's picture. He's grown up so much....he looks wild in that photo.

OH wow Amy what a wonderful blog u have so far, so many nice looking animals. I love the Bunny tattoo on you chest...very detailed

LOL....I decided to should blog again, just because I seem to be blogging too much of my own stuff in Myia's blog! Plus, I start grooming school in 24 days and I'm sure I will want to share pictures and stories with you guys.

I am going to update my blog tonight with pictures of Miss Lilly (my foster bun, for those who don't know). She leaves on Sunday to go to her forever home with Larry & Nancy, so I want to take some nice pictures of her before then :).

OH Lilli is leaving on Sat. how great but I bet that will b hard 4 u too since u have had here for a while now

Any Goosemooser's may have already read this on GM :p...

Since this is my blog...I am going to rant in it, LOL!

I'm down to my four 14 month old rat boys. Seeing the early deaths (stupid genetics) of their parents and sisters (ones I adopted out as babies, too)...I don't hold much hope for them living long at all :(. Its sad to say and think about...but it will happen, so I can't ignore it. When Spootie (3.5 year old :heart: rat) had to be PTS....I definitely lost part of my connection to rats. I mean, I love them....but the love isn't the same. He was my little world and once he passed...I left like rats as a whole had passed in my life :'(. I'm hanging in there and still loving my boys...but its definitely not the same :-[. I hope I don't sound terrible saying that! I mean, I do get urges to adopt more....but then the reality sets in and I have to remind myself that its not right for me anymore.

Other main reasons to taking a break from rats are: I'm going to be going to dog/cat grooming school on March 1st and it will last me 2.5 - 3 months, then after that I hope to get a job with the salon (fingers crossed!). So...I will be busy with my career! I also know that Ryan and I want a kid within the next 3 years (hopefully not until 3 years from now though!)...and he's allergic to rats, so he won't be able to help me take care of them while taking care of a baby. Ryan and I know we want to get another dog in a few years, too, so not having rats will leave more time for the new dog and my other pets. Having 4 cats (1 is a 3 year foster), 4 house bunnies, 1 male mouse, and 1 dog (possibly 2) will be easier for me to handle.

So...about the mouse...I think I've decided to adopt a single male mouse once I am ratless. I have been researching them and I think they'd fit into my life better at this point. I can still sew little beds for them and they are still a rodent....as I know I will miss having rodents around! For now I am going to start gathering all the supplies (taking it slowly!) until I adopt one :p.

You don't post too much in mine! lol!
I love your cats, especially Tibi. So cute!
Again, I am sorry for your rattie loses :(
I hope grooming school goes well! 23 more days?

Aw do you know why? Chew did that last week..she nipped at me while I was in her cage, but that was seemingly a one time deal. :/

Hi Amy

I have 2 dogs
1 cat
2 rats
1 parrot and
8 rabbits

Ifeel thatI am overwhelmed with keeping everything clean

Are you really organized?

I am not a good organizer and I feel that with all my pets that may be my problem...

likeI am CONSTANTLY CLEANING and then starting over again the next day. :(
Somedays it gets me down because I volunteer at the humane society also.

I lost my rat Merlin after his tumor surgery and nowI am fostering a female rat named Samantha whoI am going to adopt. I am starting to really get into rats, however,I can see how all the frequent deaths do get a person down.

All your pets are awesome...:inlove:

I nevr did get on Goosemoose because of technical problems butI got on another site that SunnyCait is on and it's a good site also.

Maureen

Thanks, Maureen!

I am really good at organizing and keeping things clean, so thats not the problem. I think my problem is finding time to spend with all of the pets! The rabbits need rotated play times, so thats pretty tough.

Its not the rat deaths that is making me not want to keep rats anymore...its more the fact that they just aren't fitting into my life now. Definitely since Spootie passed away I've been less in love with them :(.

All of your babies are so cute. I can relate with the lionhead attitude. I got one of those too. I tell mine all the time she is crabby and needs to get over it.

I agree, in your pics everything looks so clean and organized. I only have 2 cats and 2 rabbits and I get over whelmed with the cleaning.

Great pictures! All your furkids are getting so old! I remember when you got so many of them. Now I feel old.

Latest posts

Back