American Cancer Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPeasMommie

Reaction score
My cousin Amy, is going to do the American Cancer Society Relay on April 26th and 27th. She does a lot of relays all her life.
She is doing this in memory of my sister Christie who passed away on November 15th 2007.

click on the link below, it will take you to Amy's page. You will see a picture of my sister in a black shirt and my cousin Amy in the white tank top.
Amy's Relay

Keep Christie Majoy's family in your prayers.

A good friend of mine from Wheekers guinea pig forum donated in memory of my sister. She has been a very good friend of mine for quite a few yrs and has helped me through.

You guys have as well too when I make some post you reply back with sweet caring messages.

I don't know why it didnt work for you, but here you go. Amy's Relay.

It sounds like she is doing a wonderful thing for your sister and all other people affected by cancer elsewhere.

What does the relay entail?

Flashy wrote:
I don't know why it didnt work for you, but here you go. Amy's Relay.

It sounds like she is doing a wonderful thing for your sister and all other people affected by cancer elsewhere.

What does the relay entail?
It starts on the 26th of this month and the 27th which is my wedding anniversary. 6 yrs to be exact.

Relay for Life is a 24 hour walk to help fight cancer. There's teams at all times someone from each team is to walk around the track. There are contests and entertainment that are normally provided. Along the track there are normally candles lite there are in memory or honor of cancer survivors and the first walk is normally for those with cancer or survivors.

The ones I have attended were in Virginia at a small runway strip, the ideal place. We were in the country so to say and around the runway you'd find campers, tents etc. that each team set up as a central meeting place and place for those that need a rest to take a snooze. It normally started on a Saturday morning and ran until Sunday morning with hardly anyone sleeping.

It's a lot of fun!

~ Amanda ~

Oh wow I did not realize that it was a 24 hour thing. My cousin used to be a track runner in high school as well as her brother Ray.

Thanks for explaining it. I would love to do it one day. I may ask her if I could join her next time they have it again.

Thanks Rosie

Latest posts

Back