Am I annoying my rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits Ahoy

Reaction score
I’ve got two Rex rabbits, siblings, one boy, one girl, named Samson and Delilah. I’ve had them around 2 and a half years now.
Samson is much more timid then Delilah but both like to do the ol’ chase-and-Mount, Unfortunately a lot of the time when I’m watching.

But whenever I go to pet them, they either do a bit of a slow run away or wriggle away from my hand. Meanwhile, they love to nudge me (also I can never tell if it’s because I’m in their way or not) and they like to briefly test their chins on my legs.
Whenever I come to feed them, they run around my legs, but are also weirdly obedient when it comes to bedtime (probably just due to routine). They’re both comfortable taking treats from me but tend to go to the other end of their run if I’m sat with them for more than ten minutes. And they’ll on occasion do a little stamp. They’ve never been aggressive towards me at all. They also both constantly look unimpressed by my presence, although I don’t know if that’s just a rabbit thing.
So, am I annoying them or are they enjoying my presence? I don’t want to make them uncomfortable or upset it any way.
I’ve attached a picture of the pair. Delilah is the one with the white edges to her fur (Although it’s not clear in this photo. She’s the one on the left).D631A0A4-C4FA-4DDE-B4AF-205A4F0591E2.jpeg

Rabbits can be very friendly if you spend some quality time with them. They love if you just ruff up their head gently, they will close their eyes with ears down and enjoy the moment. They do come near when you want to feed them or clean their cage or pen. Some times they may nibble to draw your attention or if it is too much for them. Best is to sit with them on a carpet or even lie down with them. They will love it. I dont think you are annoying them at all.

Rabbits can be very friendly if you spend some quality time with them. They love if you just ruff up their head gently, they will close their eyes with ears down and enjoy the moment. They do come near when you want to feed them or clean their cage or pen. Some times they may nibble to draw your attention or if it is too much for them. Best is to sit with them on a carpet or even lie down with them. They will love it. I dont think you are annoying them at all.
Ah, thank you so much! I can report that I’ve been sat with them for an hour now and I can’t move because they’re so comfy. Send help! I’ve got pins and needles!! 😂😂
Attaching a picture of two very happy bunnies
6A86BCCA-6E85-41B4-8974-5FDE0E69CD47.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Jas
I always annoy my bunnies, so they run away from me but if I turn my back and sit down they come running to me and will boink me, so I can pet them which I was after from the start ☺ They always fall for when I turn my back to them and I want them to come to me.

I think your bunnies just need a bit of warming up, so just feed them with your hands and they will be more comfortable around you. They have been showing signs of enjoying you and might just need to get used to be petted.

Ah, thank you so much! I can report that I’ve been sat with them for an hour now and I can’t move because they’re so comfy. Send help! I’ve got pins and needles!! 😂😂
Attaching a picture of two very happy bunnies
View attachment 48712
Awww they are so cute. Spend some time daily with them. Sit at their level and they will come to you, nibble and even scratch your dress. Give them some treats with hand like bite size carrot pieces, toast (hard bread) or bite size pieces of berries or fruits.

Latest posts

Back