Alyssa's Bunny Blog!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like it's been too long since I've updated! It's been pretty chaotic lately with work, school, Homecoming, and making sure I'm setting aside time to give the bunnies attention daily.

Bugs and Evie's half birthday is later this month and I think I might order them some new toys. I've been making their toys recently and I might get some basic wooden chews and dip them in fruit and then dry them. I was scrolling through some pictures of my past hamster when I came across a picture of a diy house I used to make her. I completely forgot about it and I think I'm going to make large ones for Bugs and Evie. I used paper towels and napkins and I would wet then down and add another layer until I liked how thick it was. I even used fruits to dye it. My hamster never actually ate it but I'm sure Bugs will. Bugs eats cardboard after he chews it off his box. I'm sure it won't do much if he eats it and he's a good hay eater.

I'm going to be starting a rabbit YouTube channel soon because I need a hobby but I'm struggling to film my first video. I can't decide if I want to do an introduction video where I introduce the bunnies and I or if I start making actual videos right away. I'm very socially awkward and the many times I've tried filming I sound stupid or I leave out an important detail. Making the diy bunny houses may be a good video because people (myself included) love those types of videos. Should I even bother with an introduction? You guys always have good advice.

The bunnies have been very photogenic lately so I'm going to share those pictures. Evie doesn't like her picture taken but Bugs loves it. The first picture is from this morning when I was making my bed and put the blanket on Bugs. It kind of looks like he was sleeping under the covers on my pillow! Bugs has been sleeping on my bed recently after months of him not even venturing up there so I had to take advantage of it and get a picture.20191008_062444.jpeg20191007_201142.jpeg20191003_190457.jpeg20191001_171209.jpeg20191001_064509.jpeg20190930_211038.jpeg

SO CUTE!

I think a quick intro of Bugs, Evie, and yourself then get right in to the homemade house. You'll be fine...you can always edit it as needed.
Good luck!!

I absolutely loooovvve reading your bunny blog and seeing the pics of your rabbits!!! You definitely have two of the most adorable rabbits ever

I was going to film today but I'm starting to lose my voice. Probably because I spend too much time yelling at Bugs to stop eating stuff he shouldn't be eating. Also, Evie really needs to stop sitting with her head to the side. It freaks me out every time even though I know she's just watching Bugs.20191009_194909.jpeg20191009_195112.jpeg

Snowball isn't allowed out of his cage in my sister's room and he can't come out into the living room because my dad doesn't like him and he pees and poops everywhere. I brought him into my room yesterday so he could explore while I got some homework done and Bugs flipped out. I've never seen Bugs get this aggressive before. He was making growling noises and running around his pen trying to find a way out. I have chicken wire wrapped around Bugs's pen but there's like an inch and a half gap on the side where the bunnies can bite each other. I haven't covered it because Bugs and Evie don't bother each other. When Bugs and Snowball realized there was that gap, all hell broke loose. Snowball was trying to sniff Bugs so when Bugs ran to that gap Snowball followed. I ended up pushing Snowball away and putting my hand over the gap. Bugs bit my hand and wouldn't let go. Bugs didn't realize it was me until I yelled "Ow Bugs, let go!" He looked up at me and let go. I'm glad it was me instead of Snowball's nose though.

My mom and I briefly discussed bonding Snowball and Evie someday but because Bugs can't stand him I'm not going to stress him out by housing them in the same room. Plus, I swear Evie still loves Bugs. Whenever he jumps up onto the box next to her pen she runs to him and lowers her head. He never kisses her but instead usually nips her nose. I would like to put them together sometime in a very neutral space sometime to see if they hate each other. Their half birthday is Sunday and I might put then together for presents, cake, and pictures. It wouldn't be anything like a bonding session and if they looked stressed at all I would separate them immediately.

For some reason my pictures aren't uploading. I'll post them later (that is if I actually remember) ;)

It's been way too long since I've updated, I've been incredibly busy and didn't have time.

For starters, Snowball went to his foster home over the weekend. It was harder than I expected it to be but it was the right decision. If he still hasn't been adopted in a few months, I'm going to looking into adopting him but the chances of that are (hopefully) slim. He's the sweetest bunny I've ever met and I wish him the best. The woman from the rescue said he's most likely a New Zealand mix and he's going to be a big boy. I'm really going to miss him.

Bugs and Evie are probably going to the vet soon because they've both got some issues going on. Evie doesn't seem to have that great of vision and her eyes have this blob of fleshy stuff in the corner (I can get a better picture if needed).20191104_183342.jpeg The last time we were at the vet in July the vet brushed off my concerns as always and I think I need a second opinion. I've always had suspicions that our vet isn't as rabbit savvy as she claims to be but I can't get a new vet because that's the one my mom takes the other pets to and I'm not 18 so I can't register them somewhere else. Bugs has a weepy eye. I don't have a picture because he literally cannot sit still for two seconds but it's been going on for at least a month or two. He only gets the eye crusties (not even sure if that's a word lol) on that eye.

Other than that, the bunnies are good and quirky as ever! They (and I) were cold all night because the temperatures got into the single digits and my room dropped to 60 freaking degrees overnight. It also snowed :(20191107_062415.jpeg20191106_205728.jpeg20191030_180559.jpeg
Oh, and I changed up the pens a bit. I'll get pictures later.

Hi everyone!

Bugs and Evie have their own Instagram account! I post brief updates and fun pictures on there so if you're interested in what they've been up to these last few months, check it out and feel free to message us!

Latest posts

Back