always tips head to right???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a 5 month old mini lop, and almost everytime i go to her cage, she holds her head at a weird angle. is it wry neck??? she still eats and drinks as normal, and is acting the same, hyperish bunny way. i have seen no runny nose, or matted fur on paws. nothing has changed about her

I would take her to the vet to check in. There are many reasons why it could be happening. You want to make sure it is not an infection of any kind.

How long has she been doing it?

It could mean a budding ear infection, they're common in lops. Hard to spot, even with an exam. I'd get her put on antibiotics and maybe Panacur, a dewormer, and that should take care of whatever it is.

If she's scratching or itching, I'd add a mite treatment like Revolution.

sas :clover:

yep, I don't think posible head tilt is ANYTHING to mess around with. My rabbit had an ear infection, which turned into wry neck and it ended up taking her life. If there's any doubt in your mind it might not be normal the way her head is, I'd get it checked out a.s.a.p.

Latest posts

Back