Aluminium trays as litter box - safe for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup n Charlie

Reaction score
Hi ya'll!
Spayed my little bun yesterday and had to put her temporarily in a smaller cage to help her heal without too much movement. We put an aluminium tray wrapped tightly with newspaper as a temporary litter box solution (couldn't find a plastic box that fits the cage). She is doing better but keeps tearing/chewing the newspaper from the sides. She doesn't look interested in the aluminium, but wondering if she might start to chew on that.
Question: Is it safe to have an aluminium tray as the base? Alternatively is there anything else that anyone recommends we can use instead that might be a better substitute?

Curious,
New Bunny Mommy/Daddy

As I didn't know what size box I'd need until after I got Honey from a shelter, I prepared by getting the largest size throw-away aluminum roasting pan & filling it with litter. She sure looked funny laying sprawled in it until I got something permanent. lol She didn't try to chew it at all & she loves to chew other things.

Sorry; I'm not a picture taker & I was just glad at that point that Honey was settling in enough to sprawl. Taking it one step further, just picture her [or your rabbit] that way, then photoshop it in your mind with cut up veggies around her, all ready for the oven. There was a Bugs Bunny cartoon like that which is now on YouTube. Yosemite Sam is the cook.

Latest posts

Back