Alternative solution?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetaRayn

Reaction score
Hey

So I'm searching these days on the net for alternative solutions for spaying my rabbit but I couldn't find anything useful. she is almost 6 months and I don't want to spaye her because here in my country the vets didn't really have enough experience in such surgery , it's just not common here and I'm afraid she'll die through the surgery. her behavior and acting become more and more mess because of her hormones, she even refuse to learn to use the litter box, distorting her cage and marking everything in the house and she is so moody. So I just hope if you have any informations about this subject you can help me with?

Hi, I don't know the correct answer but also interested in this topic I have two girls they are different temperaments and one of them will be one year next week and she's absolutely no problem but the other one is about 6-7 months now and she's not easy very territorial but she's much better now than she was when 4 months old so I have a little hope that she can overgrow her problems. Wondering if they could be bonded without spaying them both.

Wait until 1 year, often the hormones will calm down and your doe will have periods when she will act up because of hormones maybe around 1-3 times every year.

Keep on litter training even though she’s being stubborn. During that period with one of my bunnies, I had two wash several blankets, sheets and bed madras, scrub the floor and so on.

Truly a horrible time those months, at least after turning 1. My bunny started to always go in the litter box, while the bed and couch was forbidden zones. Only after neuter/spay the couch and bed are safe .

Most bunnies will calm down after 1 year, but this doesn’t happen to everyone.

You can bond two unspayed doe, but they will need space and when they get hormonal they might fight/ bond will break that’s why it’s better to spat them if you want to keep 2 doe.

But I know of people that have unspayed doe together and works really well for them.

Wait until 1 year, often the hormones will calm down and your doe will have periods when she will act up because of hormones maybe around 1-3 times every year.

Keep on litter training even though she’s being stubborn. During that period with one of my bunnies, I had two wash several blankets, sheets and bed madras, scrub the floor and so on.

Truly a horrible time those months, at least after turning 1. My bunny started to always go in the litter box, while the bed and couch was forbidden zones. Only after neuter/spay the couch and bed are safe .

Most bunnies will calm down after 1 year, but this doesn’t happen to everyone.

You can bond two unspayed doe, but they will need space and when they get hormonal they might fight/ bond will break that’s why it’s better to spat them if you want to keep 2 doe.

But I know of people that have unspayed doe together and works really well for them.
Yes I am thinking of spaying one who is a bit nervous she also had problems she had two fake pregnancies and urinating problem after that she was seriously ill I worried so much I think it is better to get her spayed. I'll give her a bit more time and will see.

Latest posts

Back