Alternative Flooring Options?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynter

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions for cost effective, pet safe, easy to clean, scratch-proof flooring materials for rabbits?

Indoor or outdoor?

So it becomes easier to give a tip ☺️

Indoors they go on the floor with carpets they are used with. I have free roaming bunnies. But when I litter train them, they start with my indoor cage and I slowly expand their area until fully litter trained and the cage can be open.

While outdoors I use water proofed flooring and also litter trained bunnies. A lot easier to clean when they are litter trained.

Indoor or outdoor?

So it becomes easier to give a tip ☺

Indoors they go on the floor with carpets they are used with. I have free roaming bunnies. But when I litter train them, they start with my indoor cage and I slowly expand their area until fully litter trained and the cage can be open.

While outdoors I use water proofed flooring and also litter trained bunnies. A lot easier to clean when they are litter trained.

Sorry, forgot to mention, it's indoors.
Thanks! :)

Hmm water proofed would be hard but puzzle mats is quite popular but I would cover the area with good absorbing cover or go with an oilcloth to protect the mats while litter training your bunnies ☺️

Otherwise you can also go with vinyl flooring in the bunnies area and have soft places to let the paws rest on and carpet to easier jump around.

How large is the cage/living area?

Cushioned, non-slip lino or stable matting. Add soft blankets or bath mats if and when they can be trusted with them.

I use an extra large washable pee pad with grips on the bottom so they don’t slip around. There’s various sizes/colors on Amazon.

What size of an area? Is this just for the flooring of a cage or are you talking about flooring for a room or perhaps a portable flooring to put down on top of existing flooring to make use of a portable exercise pen?

Latest posts

Back