Already looking to get another bunny...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bransworld

Reaction score
So I have had Whinny for a little over a month and I am already looking to get another bunny. My goal is to have the two bonded and to have them in the same cage which i understand may take time.

Is it best for me to get a male rabbit (who will get neutered) or is it okay for me to get a female rabbit and bond them? Female would be best for me just because i won't have to worry about Whinny getting pregnant at all.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Brandon

Your current rabbit is a female? You should get her spayed first, it will prevent litters and it will prevent her from getting cancer by the time she is older. And if she is spayed you should get a nuetered male because they usually bond easier.

If you feel like taking a drive, Midwest Rabbit Rescue is about 4 hours from you in Plymouth, MI. They have over 150 rabbits to choose from and will do bunny dates for you.

I agree that your best bet is to get Whinny spayed. Then not only won't you have to worry about her getting pregnant, you won't have to worry about her getting uterine cancer either.
Also, it's generally noted that spayed/neutered rabbits are calmer and easier to litter train as well as less territorial and easier to bond.

Latest posts

Back