All cuddles but no mating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
Today was supposed to be the day for Ember to mate with Hamish. So I put her into his run in the morning and stood watching (discreetly:))
He made a few half hearted attempts but she showed rather little interest. After a while I added Pearl to see if another doe would make a difference. But same thing.
By now they are all lovey dovey snuggled up and I should be happy if this was a bonding attempt...
As I can't be watching them all day I am not sure if any mating is happening while I am not looking (I keep checking) Should I just keep them together for a few days until I get the feeling the dynamic has changed?
I have a back up buck too who I could use eventually if Hamish doesn't get successful but not sure if it will make a change. He seems willing and managed briefly to hump either girl's head but that's it.
It wasn't at all how I had imagined them to be. :?

The space is actually rather small it's about 1 x 1 meter. You'd think he should be able to corner them:rollseyes

I had problem with my netherland dwarfs once... I just tried again at another time and the nating was succesful. lol

I have heard that apple cider vinegar gets the does in the mood. XD I don't know about bucks though. I think someone has said that you can try putting them in eachothers cages so that they take in the scent of eachother for the night and then put them together again.

But who knows...I never tried it.

I definitely think the cider vinegar will be used again. They are still together but whenever I check they are cuddling. The buck has been used as a successful stud buck by his old breeder. Considering that he is an intact male he keeps his cage immaculate. No hay or poops out of place.

I just did breeding couple days ago. Well it was with my choclate buck Mini Rex. I put him with 2 Does. The one was supposed to be a female but had a split penis and my buck didnt want nothing to do with it. Just with the other one only

I just put them into his cage individually this morning. I even closed off the top part so that they had very small space. Same thing. Ember avoided him and he didn't pursue the issue much. Pearl licked his ears and cuddled:rollseyes
They are back out in a small run as a trio now. Hamish decided to do a dead bunny flop next to the girls. Stud Buck? - :dunno

Spot the buck;)
Image0145.jpg

Well, they did get round to it eventually. Maybe it was the cider vinegar after all:biggrin2:

I am pretty sure Ember who I testbred about 12 days ago is pregnant. I am positive I can feel little lumps in her belly;)
I am still not sure about Pearl. I expect she may have conceived at the first mating but although she is further gone than Ember I can't feel anything:?
I was actually going to start a thread asking if there was a difference in palpating proven does and first time moms?

Latest posts

Back