Alicia and the Zoo Crew 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost gave Bo and Jax to my mom but I started to cry. He said if I cared for them we could keep them. I did and than I got sick. He cared for them during that time and bonded with them.

SOOOSKA wrote:
What kind of bedroom set does Apple need?:?

Susan:)

She has a basic set up but I want pads that cover the bottom of her pen to help with traction though I need the for Ringo as well. I may be crafty but no room to set an area for sewing. I need to find them new pillows for them to rest on. Hehe there stuff only survives so many washes.

hehe Work! We do a lot of community outreach. Target encourages team members to be proactive. The new HR said if any animal walks or anything come up to let her know. :)

If it's promoted through work to perform community service, then do they put a good note in your file, or have something special for those who volunteer like a little recognition speech?

Well that's pretty cool! :D

I think if it were through work, I would be more apt to find the time also. I always seem to put the bunners first, but I tend to make thier schedule more difficult so it's hard for me to find the 'non-bunny' time needed for community work.

Note I posted on Facebook...

Almost half way through the New Year....

Ok so as I said in the first note. We can handle anything. Well I guess we continue to prove that. Five months and so much has happened in such a short time.

We have celebrated special days but also sadly had a few losses. We survived a small kitchen fire. We survived me being burned not because of the fire. :p

We have friends and family going through some tough times but we have also seen several blessings. Ado who is a blessing to one of my best friends. Such a cute little man.

My new niece/goddaughter Jennisy! Now that is just awesome. I am now blessed with three amazing beings. I love my babies! Destanie, Jason and now Jennisy have my heart. Destanie has had my heart since the day she graced our lives almost 13 years ago, she may have come when we ourselves were still young but she taught us so much about how strong we can be. I have watched Stephanie become a strong woman and a great Mom. Jason, what can I say about my best little man? Oh my he has me wrapped around his fingers. Jennisy? Wow that little angel has been here five weeks and oh my, she has my heart.

So yes we have had several losses, several horribleaccidents but with so many blessings I will never give up. I can't those three kids make life worth living.

So much going on! It's so great you're joining Relay for Life and have the opportunity to get out there and do some community work. It's truly rewarding.

I am so jealous of your lizards! I love them to death, they are so cute and fabulous. I want a Tokay Gecko so bad it's stupid. Someday, I tell you. Someday.

Also, Chris is just handsome and it looks like things out your way are as crazy as ever!

Hey Ali! I gotta question for you... or maybe a few...
It's about Leopard Geckos.
For some reason I kinda sorta want one! I don't know why. I was like, wow, I want one! Probably not anytime soon though, but doesn't hurt to start learning about them. The other thing is I just don't know if I should or not anyway. And I know you have, 3? I think? And I thought, who better to ask about them then you! I did some looking online but since you have personal experience with them I wanted to ask you.

First off, how are they as pets?
Difficult to keep?
Friendly?
Are the expensive?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions...

Does anyone do normal? I guess some people attempt it ...

What would one look for in a breeder of Tokays? I'm guessing that's what you mean, a specific breeder.

It will be a while before I can get one, but I know I will someday. I get everything I want eventually (like Michiko, she was only a 6-year wait!). :nasty:

Yurusumaji wrote:
Does anyone do normal? I guess some people attempt it ...

What would one look for in a breeder of Tokays? I'm guessing that's what you mean, a specific breeder.

It will be a while before I can get one, but I know I will someday. I get everything I want eventually (like Michiko, she was only a 6-year wait!). :nasty:
I know a couple of breeders that I know handle there tokay a lot. They have fairly tame ones. :)

Boz wrote:
Hey Ali! I gotta question for you... or maybe a few...
It's about Leopard Geckos.
For some reason I kinda sorta want one! I don't know why. I was like, wow, I want one! Probably not anytime soon though, but doesn't hurt to start learning about them. The other thing is I just don't know if I should or not anyway. And I know you have, 3? I think? And I thought, who better to ask about them then you! I did some looking online but since you have personal experience with them I wanted to ask you.

First off, how are they as pets?
Difficult to keep?
Friendly?
Are the expensive?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions...

As pets? I LOVE them. Adore them. :) I feel my girls are awesome.
Difficult to keep? Not really if you research
Friendly? Each is different. Jax is mellow as is Danica. Isa is... Well she is fast. No one but me or my husband are allowed to handle her.
Are they expensive? To set up they can be if you want to do it right. Once you have them they are fairly cheap to maintain. More so if you just have one or even ALL mine together don't cost me much. They don't destroy there enviroment like other animals so it is a one time expense.

Awesome forum... www.geckoforums.net I am a member there. Tons of info and tons of awesome people.

[align=center]Untitled[/align]

by ~JadeIcing

I glance at a falling leaf a watch as it floats to the ground, a brush of wind against my skin leave me feeling at peace. Standing on my balcony as darkness falls, the rain kissing my skin like a lovers touch washing away the pain and fear.

I sometimes long for a life where so much death, pain, and betrayal has not touched who I am. If that was to happen it would take away the good I have found. It would take away what has created the person I am. I am proud of how even through the worst of times I have stayed true towhat I believe. I am proud of who I am.

I love how the snow falls covering the ground like a clean slate, letting you start fresh for awhile. Till it clearsand reveals the problems, the pain...that nothing has really changed.You learn from what has happend and you take that next step. You continue to just enjoy the small things, those little moments of peace. Those moments of absolute joy. You treasure those trueto you, those who support you even when they don't agree. Life sets paths in front you, it up to you to choose which to take. Sometimes you take the wrong one, you can't go back but you make the best of what is there.

Love what you can, enjoy what is there, and see where life takes you. ------------------

Farewell

by ~
JadeIcing

We choose them sometimes they choose us and other times they are given to us.

We bring them home and suddenly learn there is so much more.

We love them and care for them.

We feed them and play with them.

We watch them grow and marvel at the change.

We laugh and enjoy there every move.

We sometimes get annoyed at some of what they do, than they look at us and it is all ok.

We do our best to keep them safe and it is not enough.

We sometimes make the choice for how there life ends and sometimes they choose it.

We love them will all our hearts in the end they know this and that is best of all. They go to the bridge loved when so many others have never known love. They go knowing some day we will see them again and their hearts as well as ours will be whole.

Trapped

by ~JadeIcing

Am I happy? Am I content? Or am I pain? Am I praying for a death or am I praying for a savior? A day goes by and I am content till those little voices get higher and higher trying to be heard. I scream inside, no one hears! The voices are getting louder and louder. My body screams for them to stop! Oh please just stop. No more! I can't take anymore! My mind feels the pressure. I start to think why I can't anyone except me know me for who I am. The voices are so loud. They won't stop. I scream STOP, STOP, STOP IT! My body starts to move. I'm running and running. I stop, and look around. I'm still in the someplace. I can't escape. They are still here. I hear screams. They come from me.

Dreaming

by ~
JadeIcing

Dreaming is all some people do. I dream, but I plan to make my dream a reality. Then I realize. I am a dream. Someone wants to be me; But doesn't have the energy or confidence. Now what am I? Am I a dream or am I an illusion? Am I what's to come or what was? Now I am confused. I want to be real, but is it possible? I want too be real I shout but since I am not real no one hears me, or the pain in my voice. I am alone.

Untitled 2

by ~
JadeIcing

Wandering lost trying to find a place of peace. A place of solitude. A place to call home. Lost and afraid. Alone and confused. Drawn into an unfamiliar picture. Silent yet weeping. Blind to faith. Blind to hope.Blind to joy. Blind to all that is good. Binded to a world of pain and misery. Barely alive. Losing grip with reality. Falling into an endless sleep.

wrk in progress

by ~
JadeIcing

She walks through darkness with the grace of a dancer. Born on the brightest day. She died on the darkest night, only to rise again. The voice of an angel yet she will never walk in heaven. Fierce as a lioness guarding her young. Although look into her eyes and you shall succumb to her every whim.

[align=center]
by ~JadeIcing

She walks through darkness with the grace of a dancer. Born on the brightest day. She died on the darkest night, only to rise again. The voice of an angel yet she will never walk in heaven. Fierce as a lioness guarding her young. Although look into her eyes and you shall succumb to her every whim.
[/align]

[align=center]Love and Loss[/align]

Hold tight those you love.

You never know when you could lose them.

Cherish every moment like it is the last.

You never when those moments will end.

Hold tight to the memories you have created.

You never know when you will need them.

By

Alicia P.

[align=center]------[/align]

I am me and I am proud. I can be fun. I can be short tempered. I tend to say what I think and others be darned. I flirt and don't care what others think.
I am me and I am shy. I can pretend to be out there. I tend to put on a show and eventually let people see all of me. If they don't it's because I just don't feel it is the right thing for me. I can be a clown.
I am me and I am a control freak. I have to be in control. I don't like things changing from what I have planned. I bounce back and run with it. I plan things down to the smallest detail.
I am me and I am selfconcious. I know that I am not ugly but I don't think I am that great to look at. I know that certain things about me are very attractive. Then there are others that just eww. I am a plain girl.
I am me and I am a dare devil. I love to push my limits. If it scares me I have to do it. I don't think of getting hurt. I just love the thrill.

By Alicia P

[align=center]----------[/align]

The Evolution of Who I am

An Only Child Wanting

A Sibling A Big Sister

To A Miracle Little Brother

A Scared Girl In A Loud House

A Child Sent To Live With Grandma

A Child Of Divorce

A Child Of A Blended Family

A Big Sister To New Brothers and Sisters

A Young Lady Who Almost Lost Her Life