Air Fresheners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
Does anyone use air fresheners around by their bunnies? If you do, what kind? :?

I'm talking about the sprays, plug-ins, and any other air freshener made!

I don't usually use any by mine because I'm worried that it could harm them.

Thanks! :)

I'm quite keen to see what people say about this because I was having people over on Friday night and thought that maybe it was a bit smelly, but I wasn't sure what to use, so I didn't use anything! We have air fresheners in the house but I don't use them in the living room where the bunnies are, or in the bedroom where Dotty is...

So in short, I don't know but I'd like to! :D

I think people say not to use anything like that but i do. I have used the plug ins, and the spray ones, and candles. THe spray ones get used in the wash room which is the next room over from the living room where my guys are, and it doesnt seem to bother them any. When i use the plug in ones i put them in a outlet on the furthest side from the cages just in case. I love candles and burn them all the time and none of them seem to bother the rabbits or the piggies.

I use to use the plug in and the spray one in the same room as my bunnies. I would put it as far away from the bunnies as I could. But truthfully after 1-2 days I couldn't even smell them anymore so I gave up. I am interested in hearing the response here, I would love to find something that actually worked for more then a day or two.

I use the plug ins the only spray i use is free breeze cause I live in a apartment and it helps keep the flees around my front door at bay.

I dont smell the plug ins either but when people come over they do. I use free breeze on the furniture and all pet beds storm included so I dont have to wash as offen. Or if i am out of laundry soap but they need to be washed

My Amelia is very sensitive to odors, so I don't use any fresheners. She will hide, and sometimes look frightened, when she smells something unfamiliar. (I avoid air fresheners, but I still have to cook dinner, and that usually sends her into hiding for an hour or two.:()

I do occasionally burn a candle in the guest bathroom for a few minutes, and I have one of those reed infuser things in the master bathroom. (It was a Christmas gift, but I don't think I'll buy another when the oil runs out.) I love Yankee Candles, but I always get a headache when I burn candles.

I'm pretty sensitive to "new" smells, too, so I am more comfortable with however the apartment smells, than with adding scents.

a friend gave me a bag of rose scented woodflakes for use in the buns hutches. said on the packet something like 'odour eliminating, fresh fragrance, keeps hutches smelling sweet'. bunnies hated it:nope:

neither buns or labs seem to react to naturally scented wood chips - here it's sold as pot pourri. some can be a bit over powering:cry1:but vanilla seems to work. i do live in the country so perhaps i dont notice the smell of nature so much:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back