agressive behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdoc

Chris
Reaction score
I have thee bonded boys and one of them, Houdini, has been agressive with Snowy for the last couple of days. I am trying to put them on neutral territory to see how they go but have noticed that maybe he is a bit gassy as I think he´s been farting...in the bathroom, it´s more noticeable than when I´m in the living room with them. Could this be a reason why he´s a bit off with Snowy, maybe he´s not feeling too well although he is eating and pooping normally and quite active.

Chris, I'm no expert but health is definitely one of the reasons that bonds might fall out.
Another could be as I mentioned, if they are not getting enough out time, my theory is they have all that extra energy pent up and nothing to do with it, although it is likely more the first one. He could be aggressive with snowy in kind of a leave me alone sort of way if he's not feeling himself.

Michelle, I´ve bought some simethicone but not sure how much to use. THe stuff over here is strawberry flavoured and comes in 100mg....how much would you use ??? I´m willing to try it as I think it might be that and he´s just a bit out of sorts. I can see him now moving the stuff in his cage so he can´t be that bad but it can´t hurt anyway.

For the simethicone, you give 1cc(1 mL) per hour for 3 hours, then 1cc(1mL) every 3-8 hours as needed.
The good thing about simethicone is, it doesn't hurt. Its really safe to give them. So if he does have some gas, hopefully a dose or two will help him.
Do you have any cilantro/coriander? That helps with tummy issues I think, I always gave it to Foo when she was feeling gassy and after I gave her some simethicone.

Thanks both of you..I´ve given him the first dose of the simethicone, he´s got a little pink mouth now hahah. And I do have some cilantro so I´ll give him some of that as well. Both out at the moment but Snowy is on the sofa with me and Houdini is running around with Bandy. Just trying to give them some space right now. I´ve also redone their indoor space as it was last week with all separate living quarters so will revert to that now even though I´m away at night as I think they have got accustomed to having their own space for a while each day.

Not feeling good, could definitely cause your bun to be extra grumpy. The simethicone we have here is 20mg per 0.3ml, so that comes to about 65mg in 1cc. So you'll want to figure out what the equivalent would be with yours. Do you notice any loud tummy gurgling? Loud gurgling and passing gas aren't sounds you want to hear coming from your rabbit. You'll want to try and figure out what the cause is and adjust his diet right away. It could be one of the veggies he's getting that is causing it, or it could be too many treats or pellets.

No funny sounds but I´m sure he was farting as I could smell it when I had them both in the bathroom but he doesn´t look uncomfortable and they all eat the same. However, he did have a few cauliflower leaves yesterday which could have done it so I´ll keep him off them for a couple of days and keep more hay available although he always has loads. I´ll just keep my eye on him and hope it passes, literally hahaha.

hahaha. Nice play on words.

I bet it was the cauliflower leaves. I couldn't give Foo cauliflower or broccoli leaves, she got gassy. Its one of those foods.
Hopefully have simethicone helps. And thanks Jenny, I didn't think about the difference of mg of simethicone! Weird how they're different in different countries. So Chris, your next dose should be a little less probably. Lets see, two doses here would be about 130mg of simethicone, so if you gave half of a cc(mL) then you'd probably be right around what we give here. You'll have to do the math better I'm sure. :)

Actually it should say on the bottle what the amount is for the 100mg. It could end up being exactly the same amount of simethicone per ml, but they just list theirs differently on the bottle.

Thanks to all, he seems a lot better and very lively so I´m not as worried now, I´ll certainly sleep better tonight and so glad I have you all on here or they be carting me off to the loony bin....I was so stressed out and upset yesterday with all the problems and the travelling and life in general :feelbetter:

Latest posts

Back