Age and getting spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misssara.k89

Reaction score
Does anyone know what age bunnies are considered adults? I want to get Skyy spayed and don't know when is the best time or what age

Typically a rabbit can be spayed as soon as the vet is willing. Some vets will spay at earlier ages than others. The size of the rabbit also can have a bearing. Generally speaking, a female is spayed around 5 months of age. Rabbits are considered adults at 6-7 months of age.
Oh ok I didn't know that it was up to the vet but thank u so much

Every breed is considered mature at a different age. For example, I raise Holland Lops and they can be fixed as early as 4 months old, mainly depending on individual maturity and experience of the vet. Normally females can / should be spayed around 5 - 6 months of age :) Males typically can be neutered as soon as their balls drop!

Don't spray your females before 7 months bigger race 8 months. Because better is to give her organs time to be an adult. and don't want to rape females. or get pregnant teenagers.

Don't spray your females before 7 months bigger race 8 months. Because better is to give her organs time to be an adult. and don't want to rape females. or get pregnant teenagers.
Sorry, this is wrong. Rabbit vets recommend spaying between 16 weeks and 6 months. If you wait longer, they lay down fat around the uterus which makes the operation more difficult.

Every breed is considered mature at a different age. For example, I raise Holland Lops and they can be fixed as early as 4 months old, mainly depending on individual maturity and experience of the vet. Normally females can / should be spayed around 5 - 6 months of age :) Males typically can be neutered as soon as their balls drop!
I agree with what @Happy Hollands, that bunnies are mature at different ages, and can be spayed/neutered then.

I agree with what @Happy Hollands, that bunnies are mature at different ages, and can be spayed/neutered then.
Yes. This was stated earlier that the size of the rabbit has a bearing. (Most pet rabbits are mixed breeds so it is the actual size/maturity that the vet will go by moreso than "breed" since that is often a guess.)

How Do u know How old they r I got mine in March but he was a baby when we got him

How Do u know How old they r I got mine in March but he was a baby when we got him
If you got a male in March, he’d probably be at least 6 months old by now. I got my bunny at 8 weeks in late February, he’s now 10 months. He definitely could be neutered in that case but you need to consult a vet.

Latest posts

Back