Aftias' video

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokkiniklosti

Reaction score
Well, i am a new member but i have already introduced myself! So, i made a video with Aftias and i wanted to show it to you!

(do not mind the mess please, this is how he likes his stuff to be!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvi8FX31ELo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvi8FX31ELo[/ame]

These days i read many topics about neutering and so i would like to tell you Aftias' neuter story! First of all there  are almost no bunny vets in Greece and the only pet clinic that i know that treats rabbits is soooo expensive! But i had to neuter my two boys so to have a chance to bond them in the future! So, my only option was a farm animal vet that could only castrate male rabbits! Anyway, i talked with him about the operation, stitches, antibiotics and stuff and i decided that he was good enough for it! Odisseas' neuter went very-very well, but the vet had some problems with Aftias! First of all Aftias has a minor problem with his breathing (he breaths too fast for his size, but he always did that) and so the vet had to give him a drug to calm him down before he tranquilises him! All ok up to here! He examined him, weighted him and said he was all healthy, but i still have to keep an eye on his breathing!

He gave him the shot to anaestitise him ang that's when the first susrpise came up! He wouldn't let himself sleep! He gave him another shot, Aftias slept and i left the vet's office to go for a walk until he is done!

After half an hour i returned to find Aftias half-waken in his box and the vet all red and just a bit before the heart attack! I got upset and asked him what happened! He said that not only Aftias was starting to wake up before he was finished, but he almost had enough time to stitch him up before Aftias jumped off the vet table!

He was veeeery lucky that the vet was almost finished and that he didn't get injured!

Now Aftias is better than ever! But it still cannot fit in my head the fact that all that anaesthetic drug did not work properly!

You can imagine how much relieved i felt when i got sure that he was fine after that! He might have his stitches ripped off by the fall! And he was more like a grumpy bun, than playful, at least at the beginning of the video! It was time for his afternoon nap and i wouldn't let him! But when he feels like it he can do tricks as well! He knows "spin", "stand", and now i try to teach him "stand and walk"!

Latest posts

Back