Aftias got neutered!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokkiniklosti

Reaction score
We set our appointment at 7 o'clock in the afternoon yesterday! I was worried about Aftias respiratory system because his breathing is very-very quick most of the times and when he is nervous i can hear him having some difficulty with it! Anyway the vet said that he just has a sensitive respiatory system and that's that! Just to help him relax he injected him a drug to help him relax and 15 minutes later he injected him the anaesthetics! The vet told me to leave and get back after about 40 minutes! Ansd so i did! I found Aftias in his box trying to lift his head up and the vetred-anxious! I got worried, i asked him what is going wrong and that's what he told me! Aftias started getting back too soon! He was respinding even before the vet was done with stitching him!The vet was afraid that Aftias might wake up during the surgery but at least he managed to be done with it in time! At the exact time the vet finished Aftias paniced and jumped off of the vet's counter! He was lucky enough not to get hurt or have his stitches ripped! Anyway, Aftias was fully awake after two hours, he was energetic, he ate and drank, but he still hasn't pooped! Right now he is begging to come out of the cage but i am going to keep him in for a couple of days to make sure that he starts to heal!

Yes, he is very well now! I am just a bit worried for his not having pooped yet, but he just may be stuffed by the tranquiliser! He has had veggies and hay, i will also try to give him a belly rub and if he won't have pooped until tomorrow morning we'll visit the vet again!

Nope! Neither pee nor poop! Maybe it is just because he never pooped in his cage, but in a specific corner in his room! Maybe i will let him roam in the room for an hour!

Oh, not, he eats and drinks normally! I have no problem with that! But isn't pedialite just good to prevent dehyration by diarrhoea?

Update:

Aftias is now better than ever! It seemed that he had no problem withh poop or peeing, ha just wanted to do the busines in his corner, which is outside his cage! I just wanted to make sure that he didn't "monkey" too much the first couple of days to make sure that he heals, but i just couldn't keep him in not even for a whole day! Now he looks okay andhe doesn't look in pain any more!

Aftias already looks like nothing happened! When Odisseas got neutered it took him about 10 days to fully recover! But Aftias really jumped out of it in no time! I think he was very lucky!

Latest posts

Back