After two weeks should my doe be showing signs that she is pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectacles

Reaction score
Two of my rabbits have been living together for two weeks now and we have just found out that one is a male. They are both of breeding age and non desexed, they are not related.
the doe isn’t showing any signs of been pregnant except an increased appetite, and drinking more water than usual. could someone please tell me what they think the chances are of her been pregnant. The buck is quite a lot smaller than she is and it’s winter so would that have an effecton the likelihood that she is pregnant?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 5
Rabbit don't show signs of pregnancy until right before they give birth. You wouldn't be seeing anything at 2 weeks. I'd say the chances are fairly high that she is pregnant.

Rabbit don't show signs of pregnancy until right before they give birth. You wouldn't be seeing anything at 2 weeks. I'd say the chances are fairly high that she is pregnant.
Thank you very much, when should I expect her to start nesting?

It depends on the doe. I have some that started nesting at 21 days. Some around 25 days. Some around 28 days. A lot of mine like to build a nest of hay at 28 days but not line it with fur until about an hour before they give birth. Some built a nest at 31 days. Some don't build a nest until about an hour before birth, and some kind of stupid ones don't build a nest at all and just have their babies on the floor.
Generally, I give the does nesting material at 28 days (of their 31 day gestation period). In your case I would put in a nestbox stuffed with hay 28 days after the first day the two were living together.

T
It depends on the doe. I have some that started nesting at 21 days. Some around 25 days. Some around 28 days. A lot of mine like to build a nest of hay at 28 days but not line it with fur until about an hour before they give birth. Some built a nest at 31 days. Some don't build a nest until about an hour before birth, and some kind of stupid ones don't build a nest at all and just have their babies on the floor.
Generally, I give the does nesting material at 28 days (of their 31 day gestation period). In your case I would put in a nestbox stuffed with hay 28 days after the first day the two were living together.
Thank you so much, that is very very helpful

Latest posts

Back