After Neuter Care...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattyw

Reaction score
My boys are booked in to be neutered on Monday, I would like to be able to have them together after they have had their ops, just wondering what recovery time is like and whether I can do this or not...? Should I keep them inside? Its still a comfortable temp during the night at the moment. Should I keep them off the grass for a day or two...? Thanks for any advice!

Yes, I would say that keeping them together, if that is what they are used to, is a much better idea than separating them.

They will need to be inside, with an optional heat source, for at least the first 24 hours and they will need restrictd access for a while after until they recover. I would also suggest keeping them in a clean area, i.e. so not the grass, because they will obviously have wounds that you don't want to get infected.

The 8th post in this thread might help too. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=43744&forum_id=16

Latest posts

Back