Advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitmomma90

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My boyfriend is bringing home a Flemish giant male. He wants to breed with one of my girls cuz They are some type of meat rabbit though we aren't sure what kind (I have 8 girls) but they are all older. 2-4 years. My oldest doe has had 3 litters all kits in her first 2 litters survived she had only 5 in her last litter with only 2 surviving. She hasn't had a litter in 2 years .
One of my 3 year olds has had 2 litters her first didn't survive her second litter she only had 3 all survived. But she hasn't had any in 2 years.
The other 3 year old doe has had one litter all surviving and she threw some wicked gorgeous kits. But she hasn't been bred in 2 years as well.
My other does are 2 years old. Only one has been bred once when she was a year old and her kits didn't survive.
The others have never been bred. Two are kind of aggressive.
They don't bite but lunge at me.
I am against breeding any of my girls but my boyfriend wants to try at least one girl with the Flemish giant male. Cuz he thinks they'll produce really big meat rabbits.
(I don't eat them and we have never bred my girls for meat , the babies I found homes for went to pet homes)
Should I stick to my gut and not let him try breeding any of my girls to the Flemish giant buck?
I don't want to risk losing my girls.

Generally it's not a good idea to breed a larger breed male with a smaller breed female. You risk kits that are too large for the doe to deliver safely.

Generally it's not a good idea to breed a larger breed male with a smaller breed female. You risk kits that are too large for the doe to deliver safely.

Only one of my does is too small for him. The rest are almost his size.

But thank you. I have told him to just buy a different girl meat rabbit to breed with the buck cuz I can't risk anything happening to my girls.

Hi everyone.
My boyfriend is bringing home a Flemish giant male. He wants to breed with one of my girls cuz They are some type of meat rabbit though we aren't sure what kind (I have 8 girls) but they are all older. 2-4 years. My oldest doe has had 3 litters all kits in her first 2 litters survived she had only 5 in her last litter with only 2 surviving. She hasn't had a litter in 2 years .
One of my 3 year olds has had 2 litters her first didn't survive her second litter she only had 3 all survived. But she hasn't had any in 2 years.
The other 3 year old doe has had one litter all surviving and she threw some wicked gorgeous kits. But she hasn't been bred in 2 years as well.
My other does are 2 years old. Only one has been bred once when she was a year old and her kits didn't survive.
The others have never been bred. Two are kind of aggressive.
They don't bite but lunge at me.
I am against breeding any of my girls but my boyfriend wants to try at least one girl with the Flemish giant male. Cuz he thinks they'll produce really big meat rabbits.
(I don't eat them and we have never bred my girls for meat , the babies I found homes for went to pet homes)
Should I stick to my gut and not let him try breeding any of my girls to the Flemish giant buck?
I don't want to risk losing my girls.

they’re your rabbits, if YOU do not want to let them breed then that’s your choice. You can’t let him make that choice for you. Think what’s best for your rabbits, and in this case it’s not breeding them with a Flemish giant.

Latest posts

Back