Advice on bun having accidents when out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Season

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I adopted my bun about 3 weeks ago he is approx 4 years old and litter box trained. However the last two nights when he is out roaming around I have noticed that he goes over to my bedroom door (which is closed) and will poop/pee in the corner.

He is usually good about using the litter box when he is roaming around he goes back into his area and uses it.

I am not sure what is causing him to go in the corner right now I have even tried to put something up to block the corner and he tries to knock it over and if he can’t he just goes right along side of it.

any advice would be great.

Why don't you put another litter box in that corner? Maybe it will help?

I can definitely try that when he is out since it’s a small hallway. I am just kinda not understanding why now all of a sudden he is doing this.

It sounds like he feels need to mark that corner with his poo/pee, it's like marking territory. Maybe there's something behind the door that smells like other rabbit/pet?

Is he neutered?

Last edited:
It sounds like he feels need to mark that corner with his poo/pee, it's like marking territory. Maybe there's something behind the door that smells like other rabbit/pet?

Is he neutered?
Yes neutered. No problems since I have had him but lately it’s like he MUST go in that corner. I am going to try to put a litter box there while he is out roaming and see if that helps otherwise I don’t know what to do.

UPDATE
ok so i put another litter box in the corner and instead of using it he went next to it
Ugh

Try putting already somewhat soiled stuff in that litter box, so he knows what it is. Otherways I would close off this area for now.

How big is the litter box? Clean up the mess and put them in his litter box. I would also clean the area with 1/2 water and 1/2 distilled white vinegar mixture.

It’s a corner litter box
I put some of the droppings in it but he just went around it. I think I am going to block the area off for now until I can figure out what’s making him do it and hopefully redirect him back to his usually ways

He's very persistent tat's what I love about rabbits, if they think they want something they will get there :D

You can also use white vinegar for removing smell of pee from where was his spot, maybe you did already, I use 5% white vinegar it works well.

That's really interesting something attracts his attention to that spot

Latest posts

Back