Advice needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BishopBunnies88

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice! I have just become the owner of two Netherland dwarf rabbits who are both very cute and very friendly little boys. Both are neutered and are 18 months old.

We got them on Sunday. They are inseparable, as in the sleep together always stand together, eat together etc. I don’t mind this and I think it is amazing they have a little bond.

We got them out yesterday for the first time after letting them settle into their new home for 48 hours. They were playing very happily, being handled lovingly and went back into their home and were again fine.

I woke up this morning and I see that one of them is in the top tier of the cage and the other is on the bottom tier of the cage. I know they’ve been like this for a while as my husband texted me when he left for work at 5am saying the same thing.

Is this normal? Is it a sign they are becoming more familiar with the new surroundings or are they likely to have had a fight overnight?

Many thanks

Have you noticed any signs of aggression? In my experience, if there is a fight there will be lots of fur pulled. Even bonded rabbits need their alone time occasionally and that may be what your boys are doing. If they both seem tense and scared (eyes wide open, rocking back and forth, breathing heavily), it is likely that something happened between them. If there was just a loud noise, they would get close to each other for support.

Latest posts

Back