Advice needed please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AwesomeBunnyBlossom

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So little over a week ago I came home from university to find Blossom hopping around holding one eye shut. About an hour or so passed and she was still doing it and I also noticed it was very red and watery looking (just the one eye). I took her to the vet right way, where they gave her a full examination and came to the conclusion that she may have just got a bit hay or something in it. So they sent me away with a 3 day dose of anti-inflammatory (metacam) to be put into her pellets and also eye drops to be administered twice a day for a week. I just finished giving her the last of the eye drops on Sunday and It seemed to have cleared up. Her eye was looking so much better.

However last night I noticed that whenever she hoped she made a sort of wheezing sound, she is still making this noise today and now her nose is runny too! 😭

I am really really worried about her!
I do not have a clue what could have caused this.
I have made an appointment to take her back in to see the vet tomorrow afternoon.
Do you guys have any advice for now and also do you think the noise and runny nose could be related to her watery eye?

Many thanks,
Chelsea & Bloss!
👩💗🐰

You should get her back to the vet. It sounds like she has some sort of upper respiratory infection and, will need antibiotics. It is possible the eye is related and was just the first symptom. Your vet can take care of that and get the right medicine for you.

Thank you very much your reply! Just back from the vet and that is pretty much what the vet said! Upper respiratory, gave me more metacalm for a week and also bay trial! :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back