Advice - Nail trimming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briennap

Reaction score
So I've come to the point where my bunnies nails are just getting too long and she literally refuses me clipping them so I should probably just bring her Into a Petco or something right? Because she gets way too stressed out when I do it, it's just not going to happen so i need someone who hopefully can handle her do it.

I highly suggest you look up 101 rabbits on YouTube, she is so great at helping others teach their buns to enjoy being groomed. I also saw another woman that clicker trains her rabbits. I am sure if you are persistent, you would be able to do it in no time. I am not sure about the petsmart question because they also might not be able to handle your bun if it is fidgety.

If there's a shelter nearby, they might also be able to do it for you. Good luck! :brownbunny

Try the "squeeze-squeeze-clip" technique as shown in this video. That's my Skyler and he is NOT a calm bunny, but this method works well with him. We don't stand him on his hind legs as shown in the video. My husband holds him, and I clip.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyxQRoAhcw&feature=share[/ame]

Latest posts

Back