Quantcast

Advice - Nail trimming

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

briennap

Reaction score
So I've come to the point where my bunnies nails are just getting too long and she literally refuses me clipping them so I should probably just bring her Into a Petco or something right? Because she gets way too stressed out when I do it, it's just not going to happen so i need someone who hopefully can handle her do it.

Carliebutton

Reaction score
I highly suggest you look up 101 rabbits on YouTube, she is so great at helping others teach their buns to enjoy being groomed. I also saw another woman that clicker trains her rabbits. I am sure if you are persistent, you would be able to do it in no time. I am not sure about the petsmart question because they also might not be able to handle your bun if it is fidgety.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
If there's a shelter nearby, they might also be able to do it for you. Good luck! :brownbunny

Flick

Reaction score
Try the "squeeze-squeeze-clip" technique as shown in this video. That's my Skyler and he is NOT a calm bunny, but this method works well with him. We don't stand him on his hind legs as shown in the video. My husband holds him, and I clip.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyxQRoAhcw&feature=share[/ame]