Advice about introducing new rabbit to undesexed male

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Didi

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my first rabbit about six months now. I haven't had it desexed only because I live in a country town where the one and only vet isn't very clued up about rabbits, he said. Anyway, my little rabbit, Podge, lives indoors and is very spoilt but I think he's lonely, too. I'm just wondering, if I did get another rabbit, should it be a he or a she and any other advice etc. I would have to have Podge desexed which would mean travelling quite a distance there and back but I could do it. Should the other rabbit be more mature than Podge? Podge is about 8 months old or possibly a bit more. Many thanks.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My free range house bunny is intact buck too, and when I thought he looked lonely I got him a spayed girl as cuddlebun, imho that is the most easy combination there is. Well, at some times she needs to be quite forgiving with him, in spring he's a literal PITA sometimes, trying to hump her for hours each day (she keeps hopping away, he got sore hocks following her around...)
I had one of his daughters spayed, but in your situation I would look at shelters or craiglist for a spayed doe.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/getting-female-spayed-to-bond-with-intact-buck-what-to-consider.92855/

Another buck would be the most difficult combination, I would advice against trying that.

Latest posts