Advertising Litters?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
I was curious as to how you advertise your litters? I have a litter of fourmini rex at the moment. They're only a little under four weeks at the moment but I was just poking around some of the classified sites like hoobly to see if there where any wanted ads posting by breeders. There were ads.....but they definitely don't seem like the kind of people I'd want taking home my rabbits, especially if grammar is any indication :rollseyesThough the ads for pets were even worse. Three of the babies have the potiential to be show quality and I may keep the best of them but one of the kits is pet quality (mismark). I would rather keep them here than send them to someone that I don't trust. What do you guys do?

Mini rex groups. ARBA groups, newspapers, craigslist, Facebook.Rabbit breeders directory. NMRRC advertisement I'm actually dreading doing all these post and advertisements next monday. ugh.

Put out an ad and have them call you, that way you are in control.

I have my own rabbitry web site and I get calls and emails from people who find it, so I rarely have to advertise on other sites.

Thanks :) I also have a website but I'm not sure that anyone could find it without the address. Though, I plan to register with the ARBA and NMRRC soon so that should help.

I use hoobly and get lots of inquiries about flemish giants.

I always reserve the right to refuse a sale to someone.

When do you start advertsing litters? I know most wait until they're weaned but I also know that some advertise that the babies are available to reserve quite young.

I try to advertise about a week or so before they're weaned but don't really reserve any until they're weaned.

My buyers sorta have to go through a bit of a screening process with questions I ask so that is why I advertise early.

I don't take deposits and do a "first come, first served" policy.

However - that is because I stress to people that I want to get them a rabbit that is as closely matched to what they're looking for personality wise as I can....so I try to stress to them to not think about color but instead personality and activity level, etc.

I've had some rabbits that were sweet and would do well in a multi-pet household and others that I felt needed to be the only bunny in a home....so that is why I do what I do.

I also won't do a sale if I feel like a particular rabbit doesn't like that person.....and I'll see if they are interested in another rabbit.

See if your ARBA District has a Yahoo site and post on there, that is how I plan to sell my youngsters besides my website.
(You do not have to be an ARBA member to join or post on the Yahoo Groups page)

CCWelch wrote:
See if your ARBA District has a Yahoo site and post on there, that is how I plan to sell my youngsters besides my website.
(You do not have to be an ARBA member to join or post on the Yahoo Groups page)

Actually, some groups do require you to give your ARBA number. Ex: the NMRRC

I have a website, I put ad's on the yahoo groups and any websites, newspaper,ect..

Nice ad Peg! :)

Also I like to give the new owners (people are new to rabbits, or they need to switched to their feed) a little baggie of feed!

Latest posts

Back