Adventures of Liu Erlong

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could help, it does with some rabbits. And it probably won't hurt to try and see what the result is. With bonding, sometimes it's a matter of trying different things to see what works best for your particular rabbits, as it can be slightly different in every bonding situation.
I noticed and even told my husband this. We got lucky with Xiao Wu and Shen. But with two dominate trait bunnies, it won't be as easy. We'll see. :D Now to get Erlong to stop pushing the box out from under my desk.

So, I learned something today. Erlong will squeak grunt at me when I stop her from tearing up the carpet or teasing Xiao Wu and Xiao Wu has learned the power of squeak honking as she grooms herself. It is finally revealed. Erlong is too sassy for our diva. We're in trouble. 😂 😂 😂

Hey, i believe there's a chance with the divas. Storm is an absolute chillax boss and Iris is a grunty nudgy miss bossy, yet they still decided to get along.
I had much the same result initially as you described- one just wants to chill but the other one goes to pick at them. Iris has a narrower, longer snout compared to Storm's 'owl face' so she would stuff her schnozz in his home and growl at him when he was in sight or passing by. I started the pre-bonding with 'base explorations' and occasional litterbox swaps as i didn't have enough toys to rotate. I would stay in the bigger pen with whoever was in there, trying to aim for specific times.
This was a long and mildly troublesome process- for two and half weeks i couldn't let either freeeroamer near the pen walls without hearing a grunt or seeing a boxing move, chase or nip happen. Eventually they calmed down and would start to relaxed-ly flop near their borders, and would calmy munch on herbs from in between two walls. The pre-bonding took way longer than the 'immerisve' dates, but i feel that without the slow-burner bonding, the speedy one would've failed.

Hey, i believe there's a chance with the divas. Storm is an absolute chillax boss and Iris is a grunty nudgy miss bossy, yet they still decided to get along.
I had much the same result initially as you described- one just wants to chill but the other one goes to pick at them. Iris has a narrower, longer snout compared to Storm's 'owl face' so she would stuff her schnozz in his home and growl at him when he was in sight or passing by. I started the pre-bonding with 'base explorations' and occasional litterbox swaps as i didn't have enough toys to rotate. I would stay in the bigger pen with whoever was in there, trying to aim for specific times.
This was a long and mildly troublesome process- for two and half weeks i couldn't let either freeeroamer near the pen walls without hearing a grunt or seeing a boxing move, chase or nip happen. Eventually they calmed down and would start to relaxed-ly flop near their borders, and would calmy munch on herbs from in between two walls. The pre-bonding took way longer than the 'immerisve' dates, but i feel that without the slow-burner bonding, the speedy one would've failed.
Thank you for this info. I was wondering if the litter box trading would work. I'll definitely give it a try now. I need to change the boxes anyway.

Also, new update! During their nightly groom off in the living room, Erlong actually groomed Xiao Wu this time. ERLONG DID! Progress! Another step forward!

Woohoo! Great news!
Yeah, your buns have apparently decided to go a similar route to my royal bosses- Storm wouldn't groom Iris for any time during the slowburner, but at the end of their second date in neutral space, he decided to groom her ear crown. I guess the big boi was showing thanks for all the times Iris tried to clean his eye boogies.

🙄 Erlong sure is sassy after all. She knew when I sat on my knees, I can stop her immediately from pulling Xiao Wu's fur. The moment I sit on my butt, she begins pulling. This little brat. Had to tell her, "Xiao Wu is being very patient with you. At least groom her." Of course she ignores me.

Latest posts

Back