Adventures of Liu Erlong

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was merely a test run to see how they would react to each other. Surprisingly enough, Erlong got to make Xiao Wu groom her.
IMG_20211118_225831907.jpg
"What are you doing to me, human?!"

IMG_20211118_225947501_HDR.jpg
"Did someone say banana?"

IMG_20211118_230003859_HDR.jpg
"This is not good footing! I only have three legs!"

IMG_20211118_231421211.jpg
"Groom me!" "No! You groom me!"

Again, this was only a test run. I only wanted to see how they would act toward each other on neutral grounds, which is my living room at this time. This is a good sign, but still a long journey ahead of us.

In that last photo, it looks like Xiao Wu is giving Liu Erlong the side-eye. Maybe she’s thinking, “I’m bigger than you so if you bother me, I’ll squash you.”

In that last photo, it looks like Xiao Wu is giving Liu Erlong the side-eye. Maybe she’s thinking, “I’m bigger than you so if you bother me, I’ll squash you.”
Flashback to Xiao Wu laying on Shen. "You are my squishy".

A 'groom off' is better than 'I want to kill you'. So looking pretty good so far 🥰
Agreed! It's a good start! 🥰🥰

I´ve just been sitting with a good cup of tea reading through this thread. And I simply just can´t help but smile. Chibi thanks SO much for sharing. She´s absolutely adorable ❤and what a blessing she´s in your home now. Thumbs up to a wonderful bonny mom :)!

I told my husband how the bonding process works and to watch for signs of aggression. He's trying to rush their bonding, but I already told him that's not likely to happen because we got lucky with Shen and Xiao Wu. It was easier because they were opposite sexes and he was younger than her by a month. Erlong is the same gender as Xiao Wu so the bonding process will be more difficult. Not impossible, but definitely more difficult.

IMG_20211119_195746714.jpg
Erlong saying, "stop recording me" as she moves around.

IMG_20211119_195619874_HDR.jpg
Xiao Wu looks like she smelled something awful. 😂

I´ve just been sitting with a good cup of tea reading through this thread. And I simply just can´t help but smile. Chibi thanks SO much for sharing. She´s absolutely adorable ❤and what a blessing she´s in your home now. Thumbs up to a wonderful bonny mom :)!
I find it to be a blessing, too. Erlong may not replace Shen, but we're going to love her just the same. We'll need to make adjustments to make up for her missing leg, like a bunny ramp to reach our bed after she's bonded with Xiao Wu. Her personality is shining and it makes me smile. It's very similar to Shen's, only she's a dominant trait just like Xiao Wu.

Erlong got to spend time with my mother-in-law today.
IMG_20211121_151004228.jpg
Sadly, we have more pressing matters. Erlong has the early stages of sore hock on her only hind leg and the earliest vet appointment we can get is the same day she goes in to check on her left ear to make sure she doesn't have ear mites. Le sigh. I'll need to find different flooring for her since she has to apply all that weight to her remaining three legs. Poor baby girl. I hope she heals fast.

🤣 🤣 🤣 Doesn't she know she's supposed to eat it, not lay in it!

Sore hocks, ugh! It's such a hard thing to find a good soft non chewable rabbit safe flooring for indoors. If you don't find a good solution, little booties work for some peoples rabbits that are prone to this issue.

🤣 🤣 🤣 Doesn't she know she's supposed to eat it, not lay in it!

Sore hocks, ugh! It's such a hard thing to find a good soft non chewable rabbit safe flooring for indoors. If you don't find a good solution, little booties work for some peoples rabbits that are prone to this issue.
Thank you. We were already looking into little "booties" or rabbit socks for her. A tripod FB group told me about them as well. I still want to consult the vet first before I do anything. It hasn't gotten worse for her. It's right near the joint and since she's laying mostly on her bed now, it hasn't developed beyond that. We do check on it to make sure it isn't open. I'm also looking into some softer flooring for her.

Also.....yes. She knows she's supposed to eat it. That's her first giant tray of grass as she already "mowed" the twelve others we gave her over the entire month. LOL

So, I'm reading over on how to bond the two of them. Since Erlong's hormones chilled out, she's not aggressive toward Xiao Wu, but tries to be nice when they are near each other. However, Xiao Wu is a stubborn bunny butt and will only get along with Erlong if they're in the living room. The ONE ROOM that still smells like Shen and neither of them have laid claim to. I know part of Xiao Wu's stubborn behavior is from the fact that I am always behind this barrier with Erlong because of work. I do try to make time for her, and I talk to her EVERY chance I get, but she's not willing to deal with it. So, she begins to grunt at Erlong each time Erlong just tries to relax to be near Xiao Wu. I was reading some of the bonding threads on here, as well as the links you, JBun, commonly put with those threads. I'm attempting the gradual approach right now and also pending winter to go into full swing. Do you think making them use each others' litter box or be in each others' space for a little while might help with getting them used to the scent of the other? Like if I put Xiao Wu on my side of the barrier and have Erlong on the other side at the same time, you think it might help? I don't want to do that if it will only cause problems.

It could help, it does with some rabbits. And it probably won't hurt to try and see what the result is. With bonding, sometimes it's a matter of trying different things to see what works best for your particular rabbits, as it can be slightly different in every bonding situation.

Latest posts

Back