Adventures of Liu Erlong

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully that's 'I want to be near you' flopping and not territory and competition 'I'm more relaxed than you are' flopping. Though it does look cute to see them flopped out together whichever it was.

Hopefully that's 'I want to be near you' flopping and not territory and competition 'I'm more relaxed than you are' flopping. Though it does look cute to see them flopped out together whichever it was.
So...um...is competitive flopping an actual thing between bunnies when they can't reach each other? Because...if so, Shen and Xiao Wu did that A LOT when they were first introduced to one another. o_O

So...um...is competitive flopping an actual thing between bunnies when they can't reach each other? Because...if so, Shen and Xiao Wu did that A LOT when they were first introduced to one another. o_O
Haha i'm sure that it's an actual thing. Storm would go and flop right next to Lümi's wall and vice versa after they'd unbonded. He was showing off how relaxed he was.
Their show-off of competetive flopping:received_303330814468913.jpeg

It can be. To know which is going on, I would look at their other behaviors towards each other between the fence. Do either seem to show signs of aggression, or is it more interest and possibly wanting to groom the other rabbit?

(description of competitive flopping)
"Note: If rabbits don’t get along they may play a little game one could call “I’m happier than you are.” Usually when a rabbit flops near another it shows how comfortable it is with the other, but with rabbits that are not good friends it can actually be used as a mild insult. When used in this way it means something similar to the “I don’t care about you” insult described later, but more like “I’m happy and you’re a miserable excuse for a rabbit, so there.”

https://language.rabbitspeak.com/ah-this-is-the-life/

It can be. To know which is going on, I would look at their other behaviors towards each other between the fence. Do either seem to show signs of aggression, or is it more interest and possibly wanting to groom the other rabbit?

(description of competitive flopping)
"Note: If rabbits don’t get along they may play a little game one could call “I’m happier than you are.” Usually when a rabbit flops near another it shows how comfortable it is with the other, but with rabbits that are not good friends it can actually be used as a mild insult. When used in this way it means something similar to the “I don’t care about you” insult described later, but more like “I’m happy and you’re a miserable excuse for a rabbit, so there.”

https://language.rabbitspeak.com/ah-this-is-the-life/
Well dang. I did not know that was a thing. o_O Thanks for the info.

Not to say this is what your rabbits are doing. You have to take all of their behaviors towards each other to know. But even if they might be doing this, it might only be one of the rabbits that feels this way. And it can change as they get used to each other. They can decide they actually like one another. And also, even if this is going on, they still at least have some bunny companionship and interaction, having one another on the other side of the fence.

Not to say this is what your rabbits are doing. You have to take all of their behaviors towards each other to know. But even if they might be doing this, it might only be one of the rabbits that feels this way. And it can change as they get used to each other. They can decide they actually like one another. And also, even if this is going on, they still at least have some bunny companionship and interaction, having one another on the other side of the fence.
Well that's actually good to know, though. Thank you for this information. I guess it was easier for Shen and Xiao Wu because they were opposite genders. It may not be as easy since Erlong is also female. But when Erlong's hormones finally chill out, I'll definitely work on their bonding. I just know it will be more difficult.

So I'm sitting here, playing some ACNH, eating dinner, and I see this adorable ball of orange run under her bed, out to her litter box, back under her bed, past her new grass hut, and do mini binkies. All while Xiao Wu glares at her and grunts in anger. It's almost like Erlong is essentially saying, "Oh shut up. I'm having fun" to Xiao Wu. 😲😂

She REALLY loves it under her bed.
IMG_20211107_103137168_HDR.jpg

Erlong's fiery personality is shining through more and more. She will get jealous when my husband and I give Xiao Wu attention, and when we try giving her the same attention, she hides under her new bed. Give Xiao Wu some oats? Flip bowl to demand oats, too. Breakfast time? I'll eat out of my bowl from under my bed.

IMG_20211107_103615545_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back