Adopting a new dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove89

Reaction score
So for the past almost 3 years I have been boarding my 2 horses at a place 10 minutes from my house (I just moved and once I get fencing up my horses are going to be on my property..I have a 31 acre farm). I adore the couple who own the facility. The lady is my age (24) and she is going to be a bridesmaid in my upcoming wedding. They have 3 dogs. They were outside for the longest time but the neighbor started threatening to shoot the dogs if they came near his property (and he would, too. He's crazy.) 2 out of the 3 dogs are content in the house but one of them, a senior German shepherd hates it inside. It's gotten to the point where the husband may divorce the girl if she doesn't either find a home for him or get him put to sleep (since he is old and she can't find a home for him). I have expressed interest in him before. He is a very sweet dog and extremely well trained.
I got a text from the girl at 1:30 a.m. asking if I would take him. She would pay for his vaccines, pay for his neuter, and supply me with free food from the clinic (she works at a vet). So I said yes. Dixon is too sweet of a dog to allow him to be put to sleep, just because the neighbor is a jerk.
I have the room for him and he will get a lot more attention than he was getting before (the couple both work 2 jobs). I work full-time but my mom is home all day and my fiancé is at my house a lot with his German shepherd. It will be nice for my puppy to have a friend. Once Dixon gets used to the new property he will be allowed to roam. That's what he did on the 20 acres he currently lives on. Until then he will either be on a lead or in my goat pen (a huge fenced in area...my puppy will hopefully be in there too once she gets over her fear of goats.)
I'm pretty excited. He really is an awesome dog.

Latest posts

Back