Adeline did it again.... 10 healthy, happy babies. :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Adeline had her babies this morning. She had 10, and I think we have 6 brokens and 4 solids. It's hard to count when they were continually switching positions as I was trying to do a head/color count. LOL

The one she didn't clean very well, and it just doesn't look "right". Nothing I can point my finger at, but there's something going on. I cleaned it completely off and put it in the nest, but I'll definitely have to keep checking on it.

544521_10200819073984909_1947089984_n.jpg

2 does down, 4 more to go (2 Frenchies and 2 Cals). And hopefully my really nice Polish doe delivers next week. I never wrote down what day we first put her in with the buck because he never fell off. Well, he didn't fall off of Bella, and she's the one with 5 babies. :(

Thanks!! And yep, still wrinkly..she literally just had them. LOL As soon as I gave the nest box back she hopped in to feed them. She's a super mom, and I got really lucky to have her as my very first Frenchie.

I set mine at 31 days, and they don't get a nest box until the day before. Any time I've tried putting it in at day 28 they've done nothing but use it for a bed/litter box. But I'm also always here when they're due, so if one looks like they're starting to try to nest I'll stick it in earlier. Most of them don't even make much of a nest until they're actually delivering. It usually goes something like this: push a baby out, rip some hair and toss it in quick, push another one out, rip some hair out and toss it in, etc. lol

Good to know. Thanks. I have sissy due in day 31 as well. I will go check on her just before bed. Then I will wake up once of twice in the night to see. I can't wait

That's why I haven't slept much these past 2 nights. I got out, off and on, until about 3 am. Then the kids check them out before school (and will call if there are babies or one is pulling hair), and then I'm back up again around 8. We still have 4 more does to go, then we're done for a while.

Still no babies here. I'm hoping she kindles today. She was bred about 3pm that day. I didn't put her back in after that. Not sure if time of day that they were bred will kinda have something to do with time of day that they kindle

Latest posts

Back