add me to the Flemmie Owners' Club!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I feel like shouting it from the rooftops! :energizerbunny:

Okay, that may be a bit premature since we don't actually have a Flemish Giant yet, but the important thing is that we're getting one soon! I'm actually quite astonished that my boyfriend, Paul, went for it- I've been content with our three bunnies, but of course want "just one more". Paul and I have casually been talking about Flemish Giants lately, and today he said that when we get one if it's a boy, we have to call him Samson :shock: WHEN we get one? :shock2:

Needless to say, I am doing the happy bunny dance here and can't wait until we move in May! Our apartment would explode if we added a Flemmie now. I already am planning a great big NIC cage for him/her. There's even a very nice Flemish Giant breeder here in Fairbanks.

I wonder what the other bunnies will think of their ginormous baby sibling... Come on, May, get here faster!!! I'm walking on air here...

:runningrabbit:

I'm sitting here bawling tears of happiness for you....and for the forum.

It always tickles me pink when another forum member gets a flemmie...

Now I can hardly wait for May too....

I'm so jealous.

Are you waiting until May before you start looking for one? Or are you making arrangements with the breeder to reserve a baby for you.

You are going to LOVE your Flemish! You can not beat a Flemish for personality .My boy Fred is one amazing Flemie :)

Peg, of course Tiny, Teeny, Arwen, Dugan, Aiden, Sweetie, Chubbs and Lilith are who got us interested in Flemmies! And I'm sure Fred is a wonderful guy. I'd love to hear about him.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the breeder (just e-mailed her a couple hours ago), but I know she breeds steels and blacks. Last I spoke to her, she was planning on at least one litter of Flemmies in the spring. Imagine if I had a black Flemmie a la Tiny! We've actually only seen one Flemish Giant in person, and it was Buster, the steel buck belonging to the breeder here in town. We saw him at the fair. He was only 4 months old but quite big and very sweet.

Oops, I forgot to mention the amazing Samantha earlier! My apologies, JadeIcing. I didn't forget her, I just missed her name when I was typing.

Well, I heard back from the breeder already and unfortunately she only has 1 buck right now and no lady buns. She said she's trying to get some does but is particular about which ones she gets (which is good of course). She said she'd let me know when she gets some does!

If our bunny is a boy, I want to name him Tonka after the toy trucks. When I was little, my brother and I spent hours playing with his steel toy trucks- they were so big and sturdy. It seems like the perfect name for a great big boy bunny. To make it even more perfect, I just looked up what it means and it's the Sioux word for "big" or "great"! Paul wanted to name him Samson after the biblical Samson (we're not religious but Paul's fascinated by Samson because he was so hardcore) but think Tonka's pretty nice too.

You are SO going to enjoy a Flemish! (Well, you don't have to take my word for it... I have been accused of being slightly biased...) I do think you'll enjoy having a big couch potato hanging out with your crew! Will keep my fingers crossed that you find a big bun. (I have a friend that breeds Flemish in Glennallen, Alaska, but I think that's kind of far from you.)

aww, that's GREAT! i'm so happy for you guys:jumpforjoy:!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Peg, of course Tiny, Teeny, Arwen, Dugan, Aiden, Sweetie, Chubbs and Lilith are who got us interested in Flemmies! And I'm sure Fred is a wonderful guy. I'd love to hear about him.
SnowyShiloh wrote:
Oops, I forgot to mention the amazing Samantha earlier! My apologies, JadeIcing. I didn't forget her, I just missed her name when I was typing.
and you missed Zeus, too :p

I cannot wait to own a house so i can get a Flemish. My boyfriend and I have been talking about them forever, but I have an apartment now that I share with the 10 rabbits I have....and the birds and everything else i take in. I would never have enough room for one now.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
We've actually only seen one Flemish Giant in person,
I got teased when I went to all the local shows and never got to see one. Then last summer, I saw a pet Flemish briefly but a few weeks later something happened to him and he died. :(

At the last rabbit show in February, some of the local breedersrequested someone from out of town to bring one for me to see. He was not for sale as they are planning to breed him. Once they get set up, they will start selling Flemish. :D

Here he is, just a baby. He was quite shy and timid as he was not use to all the people around him.

2jbb4j.jpg

Thanks, everyone! We're pretty darn excited. Zeus, darling, I didn't mean to forget you! And I know there are other Flemish Giants on the forum, but I couldn't remember their names. Not that they're any less important or anything.

Pet_Bunny, look at how precious that big baby boy is! How sweet. I always feel sorry for the bunnies that look distressed at the fair, last year there was a baby Holland Lop that just broke my heart. Tallulah had just died and ALL Holland Lops reminded me of her. This little girl looked just like Montana's Macey (who is one of our favorite forum bunnies) and her name was Pumpkin (I always wanted to name a bunny Pumpkin), and she was lying on her tiny square of carpet in the middle of the cage obviously scared because of all the people around her. Poor dear. I really hope she was okay.

It's kind of funny because the Flemish Giant we saw at the fair last year and were enamored of will probably be daddy to our baby!

BlueGiants, Glennallen is only about 250 miles from here. If the breeder here in town doesn't get any does this year, we may look into driving down there if everything works out! I don't know if I could wait until summer 2010 to get our bunny.

LuvaBun wrote:
- can't have enough of them, I say :) Jan

:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod :agree:yes: :agree :nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod:nod

(Hmmmm... do you get the feeling that I might agree? LOL!)

Latest posts

Back