Acting weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayana

Reaction score
Hello guys

I have one old year male rabbit, he is unneutered. He started acting really weird, he is following me every where and Circling me every time I was standing . I mean he even following me to the bathroom and stood in front of the door until I get out and start again and when I take him out to garden he will immediately sprayed me with urine aslo he sinffing me all the time like he is searching something. I didn't change anything in his routine and he his perfectly fine.

What is going on with him? Can someone tell me please.

Hello guys

I have one old year male rabbit, he is unneutered. He started acting really weird, he is following me every where and Circling me every time I was standing . I mean he even following me to the bathroom and stood in front of the door until I get out and start again and when I take him out to garden he will immediately sprayed me with urine aslo he sinffing me all the time like he is searching something. I didn't change anything in his routine and he his perfectly fine.

Yep your bunny wants a mate. You should neuter him as he’s probably very frustrated.

Yep your bunny wants a mate. You should neuter him as he’s probably very frustrated.
I want to neuter him but the problem is that there is no vet in the whole city knows about neutering or rabbits in general and I'm afraid he will die if unprofessional vet do it to him :(

He sounds hormonal. Spraying you means you are the object of his amorous intentions. You are "his." Circling you means the same thing. Neutering should reduce (if not eliminate) the urine-spraying.
Is there is any dangerous on his life if I didn't neuter him?

No, no danger for males. My free roam house bunny is an intact male too, I took him into the house when he was 2, his spraying habbits got a lot better after the age of about 1-1 1/2 years.

It got a little worse when I got him a spayed girl as cuddlebun a year later. In spring time about once a week there's something to mop up when he sprayes her, i can live with that.

Last edited:
No, no danger for males. My free roam house bunny is an intact male too, I took him into the house when he was 2, his spraying habbits got a lot better after the age of about 1-1 1/2 years.

It got a little worse when I got him a spayed girl as cuddlebun a year later. In spring time about once a week there's something to mop up when he sprayes her, i can live with that.
Thank you, now I'm relived that there is no danger, else I can live with sprays and other things as long as he is fine :)

Hello guys

Basically he's in love with you.

Latest posts

Back