Acting Weird after relocation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apebull

Reaction score
About 5 weeks ago a pipe burst in our kitchen and we had to relocate Twigs due to construction. Well the construction is almost done and we have moved him back from my daughters room to our living/dinning room. Now Twigs is free roam 24/7 which isn't my problem. And nothing in the dinning room has changed is but for what ever reason he doesn't want to walk on the tile in the dinning room. The problem is this is where his food, water and litter box are. He is still eating and pooping but its not as much. It takes him all day to eat his pellets now since he'll only go on the tile for a few minutes and then run back to the carpet of the living room. Yesterday he pushed his pellet bowl right next to his litter box and stand in it to eat. Which was funny to watch since he had to stand on his head to reach lol.

Should I be worried or will he after time go back to being normal and walking/running on the tile like he used to? :? He's also a LOT more skittish and jumps at every noise which before he cared less about different noises.

Hi I'm not positive if this is right but maybe the sounds from the construction scared him a little so now he doesn't want to be where he heard the sounds from? That would be my guess but I'm not sure lol

Is it new flooring or a new surface that he isn't used to? If he is pushing his food bowl to the litter box, it sounds more like he doesn't feel comfortable walking on that flooring. If this is the case, try putting a runner to his litter box/food area.

Latest posts

Back